Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Things you have realized once youve driven an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realized that there's WAY more than just the cost of the car to deal with. :P
Realized that taking a turnaround at 45mph is the best way to launch rear seat passengers from one side of the car to the other while the driver stays comfy in his chair.
Realized that like the fairy princess, you can feel each pebble on the road...but at the same time its like a soldier...does EVERYTHING you tell it do on command.
Realized that people will break into your car to just sit behind the wheel.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

While I do not own an Evo, I had several opportunities to test drive numerous different ones (working at a dealership has it's priveledges ).

I remember when the 03's came in and we (salespeople and managers) didnt know any better! Everyone drove those cars! Then we realized, wow these people dont want any miles on this car....oppps.... in 2004 we inacted a policy that only allowed our service technicians to drive the EVO's for PDI purposes only. This was a bummer for me personally but I understand how important mileage is to a potential new owner.

Every now and then we get a trade (EVO) and I get the pleasure to drive it!

All I can say is that I will never buy another sports car! If I go with anything sporty it will be the Evo hands down! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for superiority!

Best regards,

Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
ok $30,000 (05' evo) vs $300,000 (89' f40)

evo all the way......well i guess if you had $300,000 you didn't know what to do with then the f40's it

ps. i bet 1/2 the evo's on this forum could waste an f40, with some sus. mods and a lil motor work, hell ya they only go 0-60 in 4.5 sec. watch the Top Gear when jeremy clarkson is up the @$$ of that lambo.

no dought the f40 would get more looks and im not saying that they dont run amazing, just saying don't dought the evo.
Whats your point, I could build a festiva to beat a ferrari f40 but it doesnt point to it being a better car.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

^+1

What I notice when I drive my friend's Evo is that that my Ralliart is f***ing slow, but my Firebird would have smoked it in a drag race!!!! His Evo is stock and that's the only reason. The Evo definitely rules the twisties though!!!!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I realized that the evo is faster than it feels due to it's reinforced & rigid chassis.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

I noticed that the longer I drive my EVO, the slower it goes.
Also...the more mods I put on the car...the softer it pulls..
In fact...I never get the same feeling as the first time i drive the evo again even I only drive the Evo twice a month....so sad...
Old Dec 16, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo1919
I noticed that the longer I drive my EVO, the slower it goes.
Also...the more mods I put on the car...the softer it pulls..
In fact...I never get the same feeling as the first time i drive the evo again even I only drive the Evo twice a month....so sad...
I dont think thats the case, I'm pretty sure your just more used to the power compared to when you first floored the car. Maybe if you take the mods out it'll pull harder
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by RobDogg
I realized that my seat will never be in the perfect position if the mitsu tech guys keep driving it.
i have noticed that the recaro seats are not ideal for long distance driving.....
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

THat I Am Broke Now!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gofaster87
Whats your point, I could build a festiva to beat a ferrari f40 but it doesnt point to it being a better car.
there is more to it than going fast in a straight line.