Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got rearended this morning...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by el producto
I Was rear ended and the bumper was replaced no damage to the bumper except it was pulled downwards and the bumper wasn't meeting the taillightings perfectly.

Make sure your tail lights are also flush with your back because my back left one popped out an inch.

The insurance company estimated I think around $800 in damage which included parts, paint, labor.
You got screwed either by your insurance company or the shop that did the repair. EVO's do not take rear impacts well from a structuaral standpoint. They protect the driver great! But they protect you by crunching up really well.

Keith
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by el producto
I wouldn't be worried about damage inside the trunk mine was hard impact and you didnt say there was visible damage, but my bumper was pulled down and away from the trunk area and where the lights meet the sides it wasn't flush, the trunk didn't close well either but inside my trunk was fine.
You were hit by something that had a bumper higher than your own bumper, probably a truck or SUV. The impact pushed your bumper down instead of pushing it in. I still probably bent the frame rails that the bumper attaches too, but did not crush them.... so they may have been salvageable.

Keith
Old Dec 17, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vr430
Just looked inside. Removed the carpet and the pressboard spare wheel cover. Blue floor itself looked fine, but on the inside of the back trunk wall, just below the carpet line, there is an aluminium color "insert", for lack of a better word, and it does look corrugated - up/down creases. Is that it? I took a picture but am having problems getting it off the camera. Will post it in a bit.

Thanks to all for your help and concern.
yea, creased up floor pan is the sign. it SHOULD be just smooth with very very small elevated flat ridges. u'll know which ones they r, if u look at the part of the trunk floor that's not close to the back wall. other than those types of ridges, there shouldn't be any creases, and even tiny impact causes HUGE sharp creases. good luck with ur ins claim though. post a pic and we'll tell u for sure.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Here is the pic of the corrugated area. Please note it is not on the floor, but on the rear trunk wall. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Got rearended this morning...-dsc00900sm.jpg  
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vr430
Here is the pic of the corrugated area. Please note it is not on the floor, but on the rear trunk wall. Thanks!
no that's fine, that's like sealant material. just check everywhere to see if metal folded on itself, if not, u'r sooo lucky!
edit: check on the right and left from the area in the pic, that's what it starts to crumple

Last edited by JoizeeX; Dec 17, 2005 at 03:24 PM.