Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

defi electronic boost gauge. need help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
defi electronic boost gauge. need help

I just bought two BF imperial eletronic boost gauges. I am having a little bit of trouble with the wiring.

Do I really need the DEFI controller or can you just install the Electronic gauge just without the controller.

I know that the boost gauge comes with a remote boost sensor. This sensor has a electrical wire that connect to the back of the gauge.

The you have to female connectors. One connects t the controller. The other one has 4 wires(Yellow,white,black.orange)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, yes I already did the search and the few things I found are about people with the gauge and the controller.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You definitely need the controller. The boost sensor (sender) that you fit under the hood sends a signal to the control unit which is converted into a data signal to control the stepper motor in the actual gauge. I understand what you want to do, but it's not possible without the control unit.

I think with a fair bit of work, you could make your own controller that you can keep out of sight, but then again you could probably hide the control unit somewhere as long as you don't need to use the extra functions like recording or peak reading.

The wiring is simply:

Sender --> Control Unit II --> Gauge

Connect either of the bottom two connectors on the gauge to output 2 on the control unit, not output 1.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you so much. I am not new to the turbo world neither the boost gauges, I have had 11 turbo cars in the past, I just never had a electronic boost gauge though.

I guess I would have to go and order a couple of controllers. This thing is getting expensive man, more than $600 to fit two nice boost gauges in two Evos...
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you only need ONE controller for up to six guages.