Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I owned 2 Evo's and loved them, Would I like an Sti?????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The STi is going to come on a little bit stronger than the 04 EVO would've, then it will hold that with a real linear pull. It's got good low-end grunt with the 2.5L and small turbo too.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:51 PM

I test drove an STi, 06, and it hauled the mail, and I only got onto it to about 4000 rpms. If the front end wasn't so hideous, i would think u couldn't go wrong with either one. The evo has better aftermarket support.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crackerballer
I test drove an STi, 06, and it hauled the mail, and I only got onto it to about 4000 rpms. If the front end wasn't so hideous, i would think u couldn't go wrong with either one. The evo has better aftermarket support.
he has a point whatever you do PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get an '06
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:58 PM

Yea looks like a b9 tribeca butt f i_i cked the 05 STi, and the 06 was concieved
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
Account Disabled

My buddy had an sti and I got him to trade it in for an Evo, three months later he wanted the sti back. i don't get it
His girlfriend thought the sti was the most beautiful car which i really don't understand.
And on top of it i saw him two days ago in a 06 sti. we parked next to each other, And A Homeless Lady came up and asked us for some money and said my car looked tight
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

i would get a GTO long before i get a STI...
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadiem
i would get a GTO long before i get a STI...
that was out of left field...?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 sti: yes,
06sti, hell no, that thing is ugly!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brijen123
what made you buy the Evo? I no it looks better then the sti but is there another reason?
Well i had a Subaru before an Evos respond well to mods as u can see ,and u get more "Bang for the buck" so i took those into consideration ! The only reason i looked at the Subie first was because i did research and i kept reading that daily driving ,comfort , and no planned mods etc. that subie would be a better choice but i know the way i am with mods plus i thought the evo looked better as u said anyways!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax
other things to point out...

STi - the guage panel is unmatched...it's incredible I could sit there and start my car over and over and my eyes will light up everytime

STi - better crash test ratings...the top mount intercooler helps in that aspect

STi - Boxster sound is pure sex
Oh brother!

1) Ok, gauge panels. Whoopie!

2) Didn't know this factoid. If true, then good for the STi. I don't think that will affect anyone's purchase choice, though.

3) Now, as a Subie owner, you should know better than to call it a "Boxster" sound. That's the name of a Porsche. The STi engine is a Boxer. Oh, and that awful noise it makes constantly at every speed, whether on or off boost, is a pure nuisance at best.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:41 PM

Very good Warrtalon, but the Porsche "Boxster" has a "Boxer" engine layout in it.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

warrtalon... yeah he accidentally called it a "boxster" engine, yes its actually boxer... lol, to call it an awful noise and a pure nuisance made me laugh, but I guess whatever floats your boat. imo the boxer engines sound amazing, whether it be a suby 4 or a porsche 6 the unique sound is great. Im not saying evo's sound bad either but the unequal length headers are pretty great sounding.

Anyway back to topic, I think that you could enjoy it, just depends on what you want, test drive both and do what you think is best, dont really consider anything anyone else says to you its your decision. Good luck with your buy, you cannot go wrong!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewSS
warrtalon... yeah he called it boxster, yes its boxer... to call it an awful noise and a pure nuisance made me laugh, whatever floats your boat though, imo the boxer engines sound amazing, whether it be a suby 4 or a porsche 6 the unique sound is great.
You're right that it's just preference, but if you notice, you drive an STi and are partial to it. I personally hate it and know lots of people who agree. I also have heard a lot of people who say they think it's awesome, but after a year full of racing against STi's in multiple venues, that awful noise has become synonymous with 'slow' to me. Now, anytime I hear that awful noise, I know it's a slow Subie.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

I also hate the sound of a sti. The 05s are alright, but they can be a major ***** to work on. The evo is more of a drivers car, the sti is more of a long trip car.

I for one have no problem with the evo interior or dash. The seats look hideous on the stis also.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You're right that it's just preference, but if you notice, you drive an STi and are partial to it. I personally hate it and know lots of people who agree. I also have heard a lot of people who say they think it's awesome, but after a year full of racing against STi's in multiple venues, that awful noise has become synonymous with 'slow' to me. Now, anytime I hear that awful noise, I know it's a slow Subie.
umm ok well it is opinion and thats cool, but if i had to relate the evo's sound to anything it would be to just any other inline 4 (aka any ricey honda... etc etc) but I am not going to be that harsh the evo is sick, I love them they are awesome but come on dude "slow subie" seems like you are more biased to me, but whatever

Quick Reply: I owned 2 Evo's and loved them, Would I like an Sti?????