Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal?

Im getting a Greddy V-Spec FMIC with Lower IC Piping for $549 and ipper IC from Greddy for $169
Good deal?

What are the benefits of an upgraded FMIC amd what should be done prior to this mod?

Secondly Im getting an ACT Street Clutch for $449. I don't need one rigt away, but do you think that price justifies a purchase and hold?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Im getting a Greddy V-Spec FMIC with Lower IC Piping for $549 and ipper IC from Greddy for $169
Good deal?

What are the benefits of an upgraded FMIC amd what should be done prior to this mod?

Secondly Im getting an ACT Street Clutch for $449. I don't need one rigt away, but do you think that price justifies a purchase and hold?

I have heard good things about the ACT product...dont know much about these mods though!
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

The LICP and UCIP can provide some hp gains. But if ur using the stock turbo then u dont need a FMIC change. You only need a FMIC if ur running a bigger turbo or running the stock turbo to the limit wit racing gas and etc.

After seeing ur list.. i would get cams and get a tune.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
The LICP and UCIP can provide some hp gains. But if ur using the stock turbo then u dont need a FMIC change. You only need a FMIC if ur running a bigger turbo or running the stock turbo to the limit wit racing gas and etc.

I will eventually go with a Bigger Turbo, but for that price is it worth it to get the FMIC? Waht does it list for?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Wait until you have cams before you do the IC upgrade.. or get cams instead

I don't really know anything about that IC :\
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:38 PM
Account Disabled

Don't spend your money on those mods, get LICP and a set of cams, hold off on everything else for now.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

Oh yea get some headstuds while you do the cams
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the problem with internet advice. You don't "need" any of this stuff. You will still see nice gains from a FMIC and a set of pipes, BUT (and this is a big but) you won't see the great gains you would see swapping the stocker for an upgrade on a big turbo.

I don't think you'll see that great of gains from the UICP upgrade though, from what I've been told it's really not all that restrictive, it's the lower one that's really bad.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
This is the problem with internet advice. You don't "need" any of this stuff. You will still see nice gains from a FMIC and a set of pipes, BUT (and this is a big but) you won't see the great gains you would see swapping the stocker for an upgrade on a big turbo.

I don't think you'll see that great of gains from the UICP upgrade though, from what I've been told it's really not all that restrictive, it's the lower one that's really bad.
Thanx for the info man, really don't want to spend money on something i won't necessarily need.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like you'll get like about 10-15 whp, get a flash and a mbc, you'll make even more power