Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need a shop for parts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a shop for parts

hi i need a shop here in covina or somewhere around here that i can get some stuff done to my evo...

i have an evo 8 and i need to get a BOV and a turbo timer installed to it...

does anyone know a not descent.... but GOOD shop around here with reasonable pricing... thanks for tha help fellas....
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
both of those mods are something anyone should be able to do in about an hour total. I would recommend doing them yourself.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try the West Region forum where all the Cali people reside. Also, do NOT pay to have the BOV installed. It's a 5-min job that requires nothing but a flathead screwdriver, although a 10mm socket w/ratchet is preferred for tightening purposes.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
both of those mods are something anyone should be able to do in about an hour total. I would recommend doing them yourself.
+1
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know if telling someone to DIY is a wise idea considering he's asking for a shop to put it on? Being a supervisor on B-52s for the AirForce, i see TONS of kids come up here with NO knowledge of tools or how to use them. A few couldn't tell you the difference between a flat head screw driver and a open end wrench! I wish i was joking, but i assure you, i am not. If you don't trust yourself to do the job right, there is nothing wrong with paying someone to do it for you. I'd do it for free if i lived near you 4EVOBLUE, i'm sure someone else would do the same.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by walkedu
I don't know if telling someone to DIY is a wise idea considering he's asking for a shop to put it on? Being a supervisor on B-52s for the AirForce, i see TONS of kids come up here with NO knowledge of tools or how to use them. A few couldn't tell you the difference between a flat head screw driver and a open end wrench! I wish i was joking, but i assure you, i am not. If you don't trust yourself to do the job right, there is nothing wrong with paying someone to do it for you. I'd do it for free if i lived near you 4EVOBLUE, i'm sure someone else would do the same.
please tell me these kids aren't working on the B-52's, especially the weapons systems!

With a car like the EVO, it is better to have some experience with simple things, rather than paying someone to do the most basic things. With all the noises, shakes, rattles and rolls that accompany this car, the maintenance will eat your lunch if you can't discern a typical noise from a problem about to happen.

At least attempt the BOV install, it could build confidence and knowledge for bigger projects and trouble shooting later. Just don't install it upside down! That's a common problem, but if you do a search, you'll find plenty of threads on how to do it right. If this goes smoothly, try to do the TT yourself also.

Part of the joy and experience of ownership of the EVO is wrenching on your own car
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01

Part of the joy and experience of ownership of the EVO is wrenching on your own car
so true

Originally Posted by walkedu
i can see your point 2. i would recommend him to take it into a shop for the more complicated installs like a clutch or even cams.

but for just a turbo timer and a bov. why waste the money. all he has to do is search out the diy or how-to and save a few bucks to buy more mods
Old Dec 19, 2005, 02:47 PM

thanks for tha advice. i was kindda thinkin about installing tha bov myself... its just that im not to good with electrical stuff and worry that i might F***up tha install on tha turbotimer... and since im already having tha turbo timer installed i thought that i might as well have tha whole thing installed.... is it really that easy to install tha turbo timer?...
Old Dec 19, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4EVOBLUE
thanks for tha advice. i was kindda thinkin about installing tha bov myself... its just that im not to good with electrical stuff and worry that i might F***up tha install on tha turbotimer... and since im already having tha turbo timer installed i thought that i might as well have tha whole thing installed.... is it really that easy to install tha turbo timer?...
Make a visit to SP Engineering in the City of Industry.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

is it really that easy to install tha turbo timer?...
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php...3_5&tech_id=24
Old Dec 19, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

It took me 20 min (not tapping into the 02) in a parking lot all you need is a couple hand tools and connectors
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

just buy the plug and play adapter....then its as easy as unplug, plug in, plug in tt, done!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where are you located at? The turbo timer is a little more complicated since you have to take off a few covers and tapping it with the Ebrake. Other than that, the install is very straight forward. However, you are welcome to bring it here if you need a shop to do it for you.

Thanks,
Tom
Old Dec 20, 2005, 03:31 PM

thanks but thats a ;lttle to far for me im in socal... but with tha BOV is there really stalling issues with it?... ive been hearing a lot about tha car stalling when its installed... and what would be a good brand to get i was thinkin of getting tha hks but if you could suggest a better brand with no issues it would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 20, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

hey, come check out projectgen @ glendora www.projectgen.com

Quick Reply: need a shop for parts