Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me Decide works,ralliart,blitz, or other????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been using the Works filter for about 12,000 miles now and I've been very pleased with it. Yes, it is oiled. It seemed much better built and maybe "less" oiled than the K&N I put in our VW. I have heard of issues with K&N's being too oily from the factory. The other thing you'll need to remember is that when it comes time to clean an oiled filter, you have to re-oil it. That's when you have to be carefull to not go overboard. But IMHO the Works filter is a nice piece of kit
Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zk-- looks good still lol,when u got urs did u feel any difference from the stock one at all??? did the car get a little louder 1/2 hp faster lol????

every1 that has said ralliart has not said anything after that, i know ralliart is a great maker but i need info on it filter is it good? better air flow? good filtration? and change in hp or spool? long lasting? anything any1
Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:37 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
zk-- looks good still lol,when u got urs did u feel any difference from the stock one at all??? did the car get a little louder 1/2 hp faster lol????

every1 that has said ralliart has not said anything after that, i know ralliart is a great maker but i need info on it filter is it good? better air flow? good filtration? and change in hp or spool? long lasting? anything any1
I don't feel any power gains. I didn't expect to feel any after just a drop in filter. You can hear a whistle sound when you floor the throttle from the intake sucking air.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bone stocker here
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Works!!!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

I have the K&N and it works great, no MAF problems whatsoever. With that in mind, I would buy the Works one since it has more open area. I would have already upgraded, but I'll be deleting my MAF and going to a cone filter in a couple of weeks when the EMS goes in.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:05 AM

filter

Hi Guys & Girl,

sorry jumping on this a bit late.

I have a K & N as well, had it since I got the car around beginning of '04, works great, but recently it need to be clean. I was using my Shop Vac to try get some dirty particles off the filter and decided to little Garage experiment, just for Sh.t and giggles.
I just put the vaccum hose on the side the it'll normally pull in air on both the K&N and the stock. Then just use a piece of paper in front to see the pull of the air and my face to feel the air being vaccumed //Note the last time I clean the K&N I was conservative with the oil when I reapplied it//
Yes it's not the most scientific methods, as I say "sh.T & Giggles"
I did the vaccum thing several times, what I notice was the K&N had less flow than stock, BUT! after I clean the K&N I'll do it again.
One thing that may cause me not to use the K&N is that I saw it's oil on the bottom of the air box. I currently searching for a replacement non-oil air filter (if any).
Old Dec 29, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

try blitz like a prev member recommended me to use, i'm trying to look for info on the ralliart which is not oil based but no luck so far.
p.s i see a future scientist =)
Originally Posted by Nemesis3
Hi Guys & Girl,

sorry jumping on this a bit late.

I have a K & N as well, had it since I got the car around beginning of '04, works great, but recently it need to be clean. I was using my Shop Vac to try get some dirty particles off the filter and decided to little Garage experiment, just for Sh.t and giggles.
I just put the vaccum hose on the side the it'll normally pull in air on both the K&N and the stock. Then just use a piece of paper in front to see the pull of the air and my face to feel the air being vaccumed //Note the last time I clean the K&N I was conservative with the oil when I reapplied it//
Yes it's not the most scientific methods, as I say "sh.T & Giggles"
I did the vaccum thing several times, what I notice was the K&N had less flow than stock, BUT! after I clean the K&N I'll do it again.
One thing that may cause me not to use the K&N is that I saw it's oil on the bottom of the air box. I currently searching for a replacement non-oil air filter (if any).
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:07 PM

Thanks...but I doubt it. =)

If you find anything post it please, I'll do the same if I find anything.

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
try blitz like a prev member recommended me to use, i'm trying to look for info on the ralliart which is not oil based but no luck so far.
p.s i see a future scientist =)
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I had the Ralliart (dry type, non washable and real thin btw) but now have a K&N drop in. This is mainly due to the price of the ralliart and the fact that I prefer to have one that I can wash relatively often.

I think the oil problem can be avoided if you don't go over the top with it (like coat the thing till its dripping).

I'd say there's little to no difference between the Ralliart and the K&N so I'd save your cash and get the K&N.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Tastes great!

Less Filling!

Go for the Works. I did.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

work seem like it's the top choice by most of u all out there for drop in filters but for some reason their site keeps saying they are out of stock dayum....
Originally Posted by atlvalet
Tastes great!

Less Filling!

Go for the Works. I did.