Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CEL Problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEL Problem

Any of you guys ever had this code pop up?

P0507 High RPM
Old Dec 21, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected. How long has it been there, first time for it, conditions when you got it???
Old Dec 21, 2005, 07:49 AM

jus got it for the last few weeks... since the cold weather started here in nyc. i had the code checked by several diff mechanics and all said they are not sure wut it is.

my driving habits have been the same. its daily driven on the streets of nyc. i do get the occasional urge to punch it ... but the car is never reved above 6500 rpm

any helps or tips would be appreciated...
Old Dec 21, 2005, 09:32 AM
Account Disabled

Same here, ever since the cold, CONSATNT CEL's. During the summer I was perfectly fine, now this poop.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Elite Evolution
Same here, ever since the cold, CONSATNT CEL's. During the summer I was perfectly fine, now this poop.
Do you know if this is a common problem among Evo's? I don't drive mine a whole lot during the cold weather months, maybe once or twice a month, but I have never had the check engine light come on due to the could weather. I do keep it in my garage for the winter where it is a bit warmer than it is outside. It is not heated by any means but it does stay above freezing even on the coldest days. Maybe that is a factor. Do you keep your car in a garage?

Last edited by 8urv8; Dec 23, 2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

well i got a CEL but i was running one step colder plugs, changed over to the stock heat range and everything went away i was gettting RPM higher then expected, this could of been both because of colder plugs or because the plugs were slightly fouled, check your spark plugs takes like 10 minutes, and if they look black as hell, replace with BPR7ES or the iridium ones.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

hmmm, this is identicale to the DSM issues, constant cel's and nothing can be done even though tuners swore otherwise.