Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Murrieta Mitsu 5k mile service = $100?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me get my money back??? 249!!!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by evolution888
Can someone help me get my money back??? 249!!!
ouch
Those of you whom got free service have interest.. those of us who have no interest must pay for service.. i like my savings better
Old Dec 22, 2005, 01:20 PM

I have 0%... is that why my service cost me 249? I'm pretty sure the 15k and 30k will be a LOT.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

5quarts Mobil1 $22.00 at wal-mart. If you don't want to do the change yourself buy the oil and take it somewhere for the change because dealerships near me charge a lot for Mobil1. Filter and crush washer are about $6.75.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

The guys at murrieta mitsu are idiots, before i bought my evo i waited 30 minutes in the showroom to get some help while they were all sitting there talking, then when i asked to test drive an evo they might as well laughed. Anyways i went down to poway mitsu/hundai picked up my car with 0 down 0% for 5 years drove it back to murrieta mitsu just so they could see they lost a sale.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
Hello folks,

I recently got a GG Evo IX from Huntington Mitsu (THx Tom).

I live in Temecula and the closest dealer to me is Murrieta Mitsu. Herb (assistant service manager) tried charging me $109.99 but then "dropped" the price to $99.05.

The funny thing is that the guy that was taking my keys originally had quoted me $89.95.

Also, they mark up the MR's at that dealer to $39k.

Naturally I emailed Tom over at Huntington Beach Mitsu. Naturally he quotes me a significantly lower price, especially b/c I'm a member here.

What is everyone paying for their 5k service?
Yooyooyoo, you should rename yourself "Boohoohoo" because you are acting like a crybaby. If you are going to flame a dealership, at least have an actual bad experience! By pure coincidence, I had to go to Murrieta Mitsubishi today too. I had read your post and decided to check your claims out for myself. Here are some of my personal observations mixed with some indisputable facts:

1. You live like 5 miles away from Murrieta Mitsubishi but you bought your car from Huntington Beach Mitsu. That is fine, but don't expect discounts in the service department from the local dealer that you didn't buy from. When I bought my car from them (two and a half years ago) they gave me my first oil change for free ). That was the last time anyone ever changed my oil for me. Doing it yourself will cost you $30 bucks. Learn how.

2. The price you got over the phone, $89, did not include the tire rotation. That service is $20 more bucks. Herb, the service manager, obviously could tell you were upset about the price and knocked $10 bucks off the price for you and charged $99, just to keep you happy. But of course you decide to flame them on the biggest Evo forum for this. There was no vague 3 different prices as you assert.

3. Showroom pricing: The absolutely loaded MR on their showroom floor had a markup of $2,995. The GSR had a mark up of $1,995. That is a reasonable markup that can be easily eliminated through negotiating. How do I know? Because when I bought my VIII there, they had a similar mark up and I did not pay one penny of it.

4. You actually have audacity to accuse them of bribery because they offered to put your name in a raffle if you filled out the JD Power's survey? Get a life. When I got a Subaru several years ago, they gave me a discount on an upcoming service if I turned in that same survey. You are really stretching it here.

5. Juiced: I have been to Murrieta Mitsu at least 25 times (to get filters, etc). The sales folks ALWAYS approach me when I go in and are actually somewhat pleasant people to chat with. As far as the test drive goes, that is a sword that cuts on both sides. When I bought my Evo VIII, I was absolutely insistent that I not buy a car that had been on multiple test drives. They did let me test drive my car, but only after running my credit and making a gentleman's agreement for the purchase. My car had 5 miles on it and that was a selling point. Most dealers do the same thing, TO THEIR CREDIT. I don't think your experience there was really so negative that you need to pile on to Boohoohoo's post.

6. Their parts department is run by a guy named Phillip that is absolutely the coolest "dude" to deal with. He absolutely bends over backwards to get parts quickly and save you a few bucks whenever possible. He is even working on getting a discount on Evo IX turbos to sell to folks on EvoM and SoCalEvo who wish to upgrade their VIIIs.

7. Finally, here is my experience today: I went in to Murrieta Mitsu to get my heater knob fixed. I had no appointment but they had the parts in stock and took me in at noon. They also did another job or two (TSB or recall related) witout me asking. They washed my car and even cleaned my wheels and Armoralled my tires. They didn't care that my car had an AMS 35R kit and was built to the hilt. They just took good care of me.

I know that car dealerships are easy targets, but let's at least be fair when we decide to go after them for bad service.

Two thumbs up for Murrieta Mitsubishi.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Dec 22, 2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

to save some $$$ change your own oil. go buy some mobil 1 @ wal-mart, pep boys, auto zone, etc. Then go buy the oil filter and crush washer @ the dealer for about 7 bucks.

To rotate your tires you can either do it yourself, or take it somewhere else that is alot cheaper: Discount tire, Firestone, etc.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

i dont know if its different in different states, but here in ga, all oil changes/services are free until 45k. I had everything done for free on my 04 and will have everything done for free on my 06.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I second Smogrunner's rebuttal. Dealership performance/quality is a matter of perception. If you come into the situation with an attitude you will get treated poorly. If you become friends with all the employees (sales and service) you will get treated with respect. I know every employee at my dealership by name, and every time I walk in it's like an episode of Cheers when they yell "NORM!". Except they yell my name. I am not Norm.

EVOlutionary
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

test- sorry admins please delete
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_rc
I say do it yourself. There is nothing hard about it.
+1
cheaper to diy
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

WalMart charges $30 for a Mobil1 oil change. I know it is WalMart, but half the price.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

smogrunner, do you by chance work for or have relatives that work for Murrieta Mitsu?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
smogrunner, do you by chance work for or have relatives that work for Murrieta Mitsu?
LOL No.

I'm an assistant principal at a local public school. I have no affiliation whatsoever with them. I'm not friends or relations with anyone that works there. You were just unfair, and I had to point that out because they are generally really good guys.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

smogrunner, I don't understand your thumbs up for Murrieta Mitsu. The dealer asked me to bring in my JD Power and associates survey. Theres a self addressed stamped envelope on those things, always.

They mark up their cars by $3k.

I was quoted three different prices AT the dealership. The guy that took my keys told me one price, then then the service manager tried charging me $20/higher.

I never had attitude. I'm not going to **** off people that are about to work on my car.

Murrieta Mitsu's an easy target because they make themselves easy targets. Theres a reason why on every evo related board you go to, HB always gets a thumbs up. Theres a reason why I bought my car over the PHONE with HB mitsu.

Why you're so defensive about a dealer you buy oil filters from is a good question.

Quick Reply: Murrieta Mitsu 5k mile service = $100?