Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Christmas...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sackett
I installed my UNOS a couple weeks ago, its teh hotness. put in the stiff spring, turn it about 6 clicks in
That's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Slap in the stiff spring (if it's not in there already), and do a few clicks for 21-22psi, but that's only until the Forge WGA shows up, which I will set to 20psi stiffness, then put the soft spring back in the MBC for minor adjustment.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Dec 22, 2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got off the phone with jarrod a couple of hours ago, and have purchased Buschur's Stage 2 and Stage 4, Lower I/C Piping, (I already have stage 1 minus the flash tho) the EVO is in storage right now (yeah yeah let the bashing start) and i will be getting the flash once i have all that stuff in. i also ordered the Autometer Boost gauge i have an OBX, but want something can you say better! And the last thing i got from Buschur was the Spark plug Cover (which are being CnC'd right now.) i will rec. everything around the end of next week jarrod said, and the spark plug cover as soon as it comes in from machining

Its not just a Warrtalon Christmas its a GTSMWET Christmas also!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Have fun Warrtalon
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am glad to see you are getting more mods. Those are very good parts. I was at the Forge shop for most of the afternoon today. And I also got the same parts from them, and picket up some more stuff today. Nice produtc and good people.
Ask them about the Samco Evo IC hoses. I think they are clearing them out for allmost nothing.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Slap in the stiff spring (if it's not in there already), and do a few clicks for 21-22psi, but that's only until the Forge WGA shows up, which I will set to 20psi stiffness, then put the soft spring back in the MBC for minor adjustment.
Make sure you do a post about the results with that wg actuator. i was looking into getting that too, but i may save my money for a 20G-9, which has a redesigned actuator, so the 8 actuator wont work. I'd still like to know your results with it tho.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'd like the Samco hoses for sure...
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sackett
Make sure you do a post about the results with that wg actuator. i was looking into getting that too, but i may save my money for a 20G-9, which has a redesigned actuator, so the 8 actuator wont work. I'd still like to know your results with it tho.
Yeah, you bet. I will have the WGA set at 20psi, so that I can't taper any lower than that, and will use the UNOS soft spring to put the boost at 21-22psi. I will pay close attention to how this combo performs on pump gas with regular boost, then I will see how well I hold 24psi in 4th gear on race gas.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyBandy
how much of a PIA are the motor mounts to install, any idea??
very simple so long as you are able to get the old bushing out. To take out the front motor mount takes merly 5 minutes, and then removing the bushing, then reinstall. You can and should easily be able to do this in under an hour...Great piece by the way!!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Merry Xmas!!! I'll be looking at your (improved) signature times in 2006.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Hopefully, I can improve my times, but unfortunately, the next time I hit the drag strip, it will be at 5000-6000' above sea level, so it will be hard to beat my current times. However, I do hope to be able to show some dyno increases before and after while still at sea level in January.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Dec 23, 2005 at 11:55 AM.