Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Launch comparisions with ACD at different settings?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Launch comparisions with ACD at different settings?

Anybody do any comparisions of launching at the drag strip with the ACD set in each of its different modes? 60FT times to post?
Just curious...?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't wasted my time trying, because you get the most traction with Tarmac. You can test it for us if you want, Mr Egls Fly!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

thats iffy....i wouldn't try it in mine.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

werd just leave it on tarmac
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Leave it in Tarmac. Diff lock comes on the soonest with tarmac, second soonest on gravel, and slowest (up to a few seconds) in snow. The lock-up occurs under hard acceleration (i.e. launching and leaving corners) and deceleration (entering corners).
Old Dec 22, 2005, 09:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I haven't wasted my time trying, because you get the most traction with Tarmac. You can test it for us if you want, Mr Egls Fly!

lol
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

What so funny about Egls Fly?

Last edited by Good_Enough; Dec 23, 2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Good_Enough
What so funny about Egls Fly?
Oh, I wasn't laughing at the nickname. I was laughing lightheartedly about the suggestion that you test it for us, so that I don't have to. I have the utmost respect for you and all that you accomplished with the Talon. Believe me, I've known you for years...well before I got my Evo. You beat me in SA class at the one DSM Shootout I attended, ya bastard!
Old Dec 24, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Oh, I wasn't laughing at the nickname. I was laughing lightheartedly about the suggestion that you test it for us, so that I don't have to. I have the utmost respect for you and all that you accomplished with the Talon. Believe me, I've known you for years...well before I got my Evo. You beat me in SA class at the one DSM Shootout I attended, ya bastard!
I just figured somebody had to try it out by now....
I haven't had a chance to get my car to the track yet to even get a single time on it, and that won't happen now until springtime. The few times I have tried getting on it (in Tarmac mode), the rear end breaks loose much more than my old Talon ever did! But I guess thats because most of the power is going to the rear in Tarmac on the EVO, where on the Talon it was more 50-50. This is why I was curious.

I was getting 1.6 second sixty foot times with my Talon, and the EVO just doesn't "feel" like it will do that because the rear getting more loose. Just going to have to wait and see...
Old Dec 24, 2005, 07:15 PM

This topic was covered a while ago:

http://evolutionmr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225

The thing is that no one want to test it. I personally have a G-tech and I was going to test it myself but I guess it is a waste of time, the ACD was designed for 3 main situations and obviously the Tarmac is the way to go.

For many of us with modded Evos it could be dangerous to try forcing the ACD just for the test but like Warrtalon says, anyone is free to try it!!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Good_Enough
I just figured somebody had to try it out by now....
I haven't had a chance to get my car to the track yet to even get a single time on it, and that won't happen now until springtime. The few times I have tried getting on it (in Tarmac mode), the rear end breaks loose much more than my old Talon ever did! But I guess thats because most of the power is going to the rear in Tarmac on the EVO, where on the Talon it was more 50-50. This is why I was curious.

I was getting 1.6 second sixty foot times with my Talon, and the EVO just doesn't "feel" like it will do that because the rear getting more loose. Just going to have to wait and see...
You just have to figure it out. I was only doing low 1.7s with the occasional 1.6 until recently when I started actually lowering the tire pressure instead of leaving it at street pressure (worked for a while, but then got too powerful), at which point the 1.6s became the norm, and the 1.7s were the exception.

FYI, with the stock clutch, 1.6s are attainable, but USUALLY they are not as repeatable. Many of us got to the point of getting consistent low 1.7s on the stock clutch, but I've yet to see someone who does 1.6s consistently on the stocker. It is fairly weak and slips off some of the power. You may want to look into a SS clutch line and removing the clutch restrictor.