Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

04 - K&N typhoon intake on 05?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Many people just think it's working fine, but they don't realize how problematic it is. The cone filter portion is not so bad, but the MAF pipe is terrible. You would be the first and only to pick up 10whp simply by adding that intake and doing nothing else.
+1. nice call warrtalon

then again my post was jut my opinion on my car. I lost a lot of top end. I gained power from the flash I had...but i changed the intake back to stock and got more power.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smokey
+1. nice call warrtalon

then again my post was jut my opinion on my car. I lost a lot of top end. I gained power from the flash I had...but i changed the intake back to stock and got more power.
And I've read this same thing over and over. People still make good power with it, or at least they think they do, but then they switch to another intake or even back to the stock airbox and make more power. If people want to use it, so be it, but you'd think they'd listen to the many people on here who have already made the same mistake in the past.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+185197519 on the typhoon being sucky. i just sold mine on ebay (hahaha suckers)