Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Warrtalon,

Are you still with the "truth squad"? The reason I ask is because you are getting super cozy with some vendors now, espically being "sponsored".

but that couldn't sway opinions now could it?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Warrtalon,

Are you still with the "truth squad"? The reason I ask is because you are getting super cozy with some vendors now, espically being "sponsored".

but that couldn't sway opinions now could it?
No. You don't see me with a Truth Squad avatar nor speaking on behalf of the Truth Squad. I tried helping out for 2 days and even stated that with the sponsors I had at the time (TSF/Dynoflash), I knew I would not be able to comment on some issues due to affiliation. That wasn't good enough for some people, so I just removed myself and continued doing what I've always been doing, which is exactly what I was going to do in the Truth Squad. So, now, I do the same things as always but without being held back by the "Truth Squad" moniker. I'm in full support of the idea and those doing it, but due to my sponsorships, I refrain from claiming any affiliation.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one who cant see the pics?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No. You don't see me with a Truth Squad avatar nor speaking on behalf of the Truth Squad. I tried helping out for 2 days and even stated that with the sponsors I had at the time (TSF/Dynoflash), I knew I would not be able to comment on some issues due to affiliation. That wasn't good enough for some people, so I just removed myself and continued doing what I've always been doing, which is exactly what I was going to do in the Truth Squad. So, now, I do the same things as always but without being held back by the "Truth Squad" moniker. I'm in full support of the idea and those doing it, but due to my sponsorships, I refrain from claiming any affiliation.
That is why I asked. Thanks for the professional reply. Carry on...

So are you going to dyno before and after installing these ported/coated parts? I have yet to see any data from doing this on a EVO and it would be great information.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:49 AM

yeah big thanks to Dave and his crew. that turn around was just insane. looking forward to installing these and seeing the changes.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
So are you going to dyno before and after installing these ported/coated parts? I have yet to see any data from doing this on a EVO and it would be great information.
Yes, I do plan on doing this. I stated this earlier, but I know it's easy to catch every single detail, especially when I have a habit of writing novels in half of my posts.

I plan to get a baseline dyno to show where I am right now with the basic bolt-ons I have and an awesome custom street tune from Al. I will add the ported/coated parts along with the Forge WGA, then dyno again on the same Dynojet in hopefully the same conditions. The only downside is I _may_ not be able to get retuned for the parts. I have Al coming back to town on January 21st, so if we can get the logistics to work out, I will dyno on the 14th in my current form...have the parts installed that week...then have Al retune me on the weekend of the 21st/22nd...then go dyno once more right after that to see the gains. I'm hoping for 15-20whp/wtq, but we'll see.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

how much does it cost to get all this done?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

It looks good, and there is really no reason for these mods alone to void the warranty.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
how much does it cost to get all this done?
+1. They look b-e-a-utiful!. Looking forward to the dyno results.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Also how much will this run an average evo owner?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dam nice..what is the motor firing order on the evo, buy looking at runners I am not sure haha
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

For those asking about cost, the old price to port and coat each part was $225 per piece, but it has recently been lowered to $175. $100 for the porting/port-matching and $75 for the coating, in case you want only one of the 2 services done.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

coolio
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for sharing this stuff. There are quite a few exhaust manifolds out there, but for those of us wanting to stick with the stock turbo, this is a good option as the stock manifold really isn't bad at all. Nice stuff. Enjoy!

Last edited by evoCS; Dec 23, 2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting all of these pics Wartalon. I plan on doing almost the exact same mods as you posted above, well almost. Only differences is I opted to go with a Ebay o2 housing for the price and Im unsure about the hotside porting and coating. I just bought a 10.5 hotside from Works but im not sure what kind of gains can be expected with it once it has been ported and coated. Depending how much money I get for this deployment I just may have to send David my hotisde as well.

As for your WGA I know you are sponsored by Forge and they will be getting you one. Greg over at GSC has them in stock, I just ordered one from him yesterday. Maybe Mike over at Forge can make a phone call and hook you up so you can get these parts on your car ASAP.

I look forward to hearing your review with these parts on the car.

Quick Reply: It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating