Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by use2vtec
Thanks for posting all of these pics Wartalon. I plan on doing almost the exact same mods as you posted above, well almost. Only differences is I opted to go with a Ebay o2 housing for the price and Im unsure about the hotside porting and coating. I just bought a 10.5 hotside from Works but im not sure what kind of gains can be expected with it once it has been ported and coated. Depending how much money I get for this deployment I just may have to send David my hotisde as well.

As for your WGA I know you are sponsored by Forge and they will be getting you one. Greg over at GSC has them in stock, I just ordered one from him yesterday. Maybe Mike over at Forge can make a phone call and hook you up so you can get these parts on your car ASAP.

I look forward to hearing your review with these parts on the car.
I really think it would be worth it for you to send your 10.5 into Buschur before installing it, because the porting itself will increase flow, the port-matching with the o2 and exhaust mani will increase flow, and the coating will keep all the heat in, which again increases flow while also reducing underhood temps.

Good idea on the WGA. I was thinking about that, too. I could maybe get one from another vendor who then gets credited one from Forge in the next batch.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey warr are u running that forge unos mbc yet and how was the comparision to the hallman, never saw that review just the one on dv's
Old Dec 23, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
hey warr are u running that forge unos mbc yet and how was the comparision to the hallman, never saw that review just the one on dv's
Not yet. Just got it along with the motor mount, and I'm going to install both next week when I get back from Xmas in Long Island. I will provide a full write-up just like the Forge RS DV.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

so ya said ya sent these out monday and just got them back today? Man thats a freaking amazing time difference for porting and jet coating!!!! I thought companies usually take forever to do jobs like this. I might have to get mines done too! Let us know when ya get your car dynoed!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Warrtalon,

Thankyou for all of your updates. I don't normally post too much on this forum, but I am an avid reader of a lot of threads on here. I have found alot of your information very useful, even with your tongue and cheek sarcastic remarks .

Keep us all updated on your findings here with your (Forge & Buschurs parts)as many of us will be using them in the future.

Thanks again,

Derek
Old Dec 23, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
looks like we will be seeing some 11's second run on your sig soon. make sure you note the spool characteristics before and after the mod. looking forward to see the results.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 05:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTio
Looks very nice. I ordered a 10.5 hotside from Buschur and will have my exhaust manifold and O2 housing ported by them next month. Unfortunately, I will leave the pieces uncoated for warranty purposes. I don't want to see anything that can void my warranty if I need to use it.

Just tell them you painted it so it didn't rust. How the heck are they going to know it's ported and coated?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

lol ^^^^ They void your warranty if you look at them funny
Old Dec 23, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
looks like we will be seeing some 11's second run on your sig soon. make sure you note the spool characteristics before and after the mod. looking forward to see the results.
I hadn't thought about that, but you're right, that is very important as well. I will be dyno'ing on the same dyno, so I will be able to overlay the graphs with confidence. The dyno pulls should only be 2-3 weeks apart, so the weather should be the same. I have an awesome custom tune now, so the plan is to get just as good of a custom tune with the new parts on, so there should be negligible differences in terms of AFR and boost levels.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

for the price, this does seem like the next most logical mod. i suppose the dyno/track will tell the true tale. I was wondering what ur next set of mods would be, now we have the answer!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Not yet. Just got it along with the motor mount, and I'm going to install both next week when I get back from Xmas in Long Island. I will provide a full write-up just like the Forge RS DV.

long island in nyc???

gimme a buzz ......
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
long island in nyc???

gimme a buzz ......
Should I listen out for a loud BOV purge?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

so since u want to increase airflow throughout, have u considered any intercooler pipes yet? Now that u have partial sponsorship by Buschur, their upper intercooler pipe has to look tempting!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Should I listen out for a loud BOV purge?
yeah right after I blow your doors off on the LIE

anyhow, what day will you be in town?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

We will be leaving DC at 6am in hopes of encountering minimal traffic. If that works, we'll hit East Meadow by 10:30am. Staying a few days...all family stuff.

Quick Reply: It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating