Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bacalhau16
so since u want to increase airflow throughout, have u considered any intercooler pipes yet? Now that u have partial sponsorship by Buschur, their upper intercooler pipe has to look tempting!
The UICP looks nice, but I'm more interested in an LICP, which I should be adding fairly soon.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should get cams now. those mods you did will really shine with the cams.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, one step at a time. I still have to install these parts, then do much dyno'ing (and hopefully racing) to show proof of gains. Not sure if I can get a sponsor to give me a set of cams, so that might take a little work!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Playing the devils advocate,do you have two of everything to make a baseline test and then install the stock stuff you sent out to Buschur? You posted that you sent him your original equipment. How is this now possible?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

see, i like the mods that warrtalon has done this far. i feel as though they have all been very cost effective, and other then his clutch, could all be done in ur own garage by a normal person. I would like to see you continue on this path as far as u can. There is no denying that cams will greatly help make some power for u, but u dont have to go there yet!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brooks1005
Playing the devils advocate,do you have two of everything to make a baseline test and then install the stock stuff you sent out to Buschur? You posted that you sent him your original equipment. How is this now possible?
I located and purchased a used stock 10.5 hotside, stock O2 housing, and stock exhaust manifold off an 05 MR that upgraded its turbo. I then sent those parts, which are identical to my stock parts, to Buschur for porting, port-matching, and jet coating. They are now back, and I will be replacing my stock parts with these.

The baseline that I will provide will be a trip to the dyno in January in the exact form I'm in now. Prior to now, I have run a 12.26@110.0 on 93oct and 12.000@113.7 on race gas. Since that day at the track, I've added a custom street tune from Dynoflash to replace my previous mail-in Dynoflash, and I have replaced my JDM MR DV with a Forge RS DV. I will dyno like this, then add the parts, get retuned, and dyno again to show the most accurate comparison I can give. It's not as good as what Buschur does on the same day with back to back comparison pulls, but it's pretty good for not having access to my own dyno.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We will be leaving DC at 6am in hopes of encountering minimal traffic. If that works, we'll hit East Meadow by 10:30am. Staying a few days...all family stuff.
ohh okay....I'm free monday, maybe I can organize a mini-evo meet and go shoot some pool or something....
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking there's a strong possibility with the ported/coated pieces that you break into the 11's.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

On 93 octane that is...
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markeddy
I'm thinking there's a strong possibility with the ported/coated pieces that you break into the 11's.

On 93 octane that is...
Ahhhhh, I'd be happy just to hit 11s with these parts on race gas. That would mean I got a noticeable, tangible gain. For me to go from 12.26 to 11.99 on pump gas, it would be an incredible feat. I don't think I can do that, but a 12.0 on pump gas without cams would be pretty sweet.

Who knows, though, right? Since the 12.26, this will be all my changes:

- MR DV --> Forge RS DV (stronger and can be adjusted very stiff to leak 0 boost)
- Hallman Pro --> Forge UNOS (less taper for both pump and race gas settings)
- Stock WGA --> Forge WGA w/red spring (set to 20psi, so never taper below 20)
- Stock turbine/o2/mani --> Ported/coated/port-matched turbine/o2/mani
- Mail-in Flash --> Custom street tune after all above parts are installed
- Stock motor mount --> Forge/Powerflex Motor Mount (improved shifting)
- 5k limiter --> 6k limiter - Dynoflash built-in launch control for harder and more consistent launches

So, yeah, maybe I can shave off a tenth or two with all that stuff. It will be exciting to see, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find an open track before I move to Colorado in late January.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Ahhhhh, I'd be happy just to hit 11s with these parts on race gas. That would mean I got a noticeable, tangible gain. For me to go from 12.26 to 11.99 on pump gas, it would be an incredible feat. I don't think I can do that, but a 12.0 on pump gas without cams would be pretty sweet.

Who knows, though, right? Since the 12.26, this will be all my changes:

- MR DV --> Forge RS DV (stronger and can be adjusted very stiff to leak 0 boost)
- Hallman Pro --> Forge UNOS (less taper for both pump and race gas settings)
- Stock WGA --> Forge WGA w/red spring (set to 20psi, so never taper below 20)
- Stock turbine/o2/mani --> Ported/coated/port-matched turbine/o2/mani
- Mail-in Flash --> Custom street tune after all above parts are installed
- Stock motor mount --> Forge/Powerflex Motor Mount (improved shifting)
- 5k limiter --> 6k limiter - Dynoflash built-in launch control for harder and more consistent launches

So, yeah, maybe I can shave off a tenth or two with all that stuff. It will be exciting to see, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find an open track before I move to Colorado in late January.
Careful Warrtalon, you are getting close to ricer math with that.

but yea, if you don't hit a 11 I'll come strangle you.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Very Nice Pieces, Congrats and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Careful Warrtalon, you are getting close to ricer math with that.

but yea, if you don't hit a 11 I'll come strangle you.
I might have to strangle myself if I can't hit 11s after these awesome exhaust pieces.

As for the ricer math, I'm trying my hardest not to make any bogus or inflated claims. I think I can AT LEAST improve slightly upon my previous times given similar weather conditions, wouldn't you agree? Here, I went and got a special emoticon for your ricer math smileys, haha!

Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

I love seeing how little changes can make large differences.Reminds me of my 85 Mustang GT when the old Holley went to the crapper and Ford Motorsport supplied me with a visually similar carb that was worth about an extra 20 hp.This coming from the dealership without a warranty worry.Can we imagine that today?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

really nice!!!

Quick Reply: It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating