Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you just send those over here... I need the mani and o2 to bolt to my new turbo sitting here

Looks great man!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Warrtalon, veeery nice! You're hoping for 15-20 horses? I'll definitely be interested in your write ups on these pieces.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 8thWonder
Warrtalon, veeery nice! You're hoping for 15-20 horses? I'll definitely be interested in your write ups on these pieces.
Hoping, yes, but expecting, no. That would be unreasonable to flat out EXPECT 20whp from this, but I sure would love to see it. I would like to reiterate that I will be testing my gains after a full retune, not just after slapping them on with the previous tune.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

the full retune is definitly what makes it. Al gets better with his tunes day by day. hey in the couple weeks before u get ur tune, he may have a new idea with his fuel maps, making this very possible. 15-20whp should not be that far off. Can't wait to see!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

11.7x's? or better?
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Warrtalon, thanks for the nice post and putting up the pictures! I appreciate it.

The parts he got we had in stock and have been trying to keep them instock. Right now our shelves are pretty well stocked with pre-ported/coated parts. The new company we have doing the coating is nothing short of outstanding! Very fast service and the coating appears to be MUCH better quality than I was getting from HPC or Jethot. I am VERY impressed.

As for the before and after dyno'ing. I won't expect to see a big gain until after the custome retune. The car should pick up but when I did the three pieces on our dyno the largest gain was from the extra timing I was able to run. The parts freed up some exhaust flow and allowed more timing to be added in. That was the large power maker.

I guess thinking about it, with the stock ECU if you are hitting any knock at all the same thing very well could happen to you, then the power gains will be good and the curve will get much smoother.

Monitor boost before and after the install on the dyno input.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Warrtalon, thanks for the nice post and putting up the pictures! I appreciate it.

The parts he got we had in stock and have been trying to keep them instock. Right now our shelves are pretty well stocked with pre-ported/coated parts. The new company we have doing the coating is nothing short of outstanding! Very fast service and the coating appears to be MUCH better quality than I was getting from HPC or Jethot. I am VERY impressed.

As for the before and after dyno'ing. I won't expect to see a big gain until after the custome retune. The car should pick up but when I did the three pieces on our dyno the largest gain was from the extra timing I was able to run. The parts freed up some exhaust flow and allowed more timing to be added in. That was the large power maker.

I guess thinking about it, with the stock ECU if you are hitting any knock at all the same thing very well could happen to you, then the power gains will be good and the curve will get much smoother.

Monitor boost before and after the install on the dyno input.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Yeah, I finally figured out how the parts got back to me so fast after reading one of your other posts in the RNR Manifold thread. I realized then that I got pre-coated/ported parts off the shelf, which makes a lot more sense. That's a great way to do this core exchange.

I have the install and post-install dyno planned so that it will coincide with the next time I have Al coming to town (Jan 21), so that he can tune some IXs for me, then retune my car with the ported/coated parts. He tracks boost the whole time, so we will re-tweak both the boost and the afr/timing to see how much more aggressive we can go without being unsafe. I will then re-Dyno, but since it's a Dynojet, I won't do the tuning ON the dyno.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Dec 24, 2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! What a great Christmas this is turning out to be.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

NICE!!! thats thats EXACTLY what im gonna do i just want to find someone w/ a slightly used IX turbo. and also get the forge WGA as well. what can i say great minds think alike, let me know how it works for you.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
NICE!!! thats thats EXACTLY what im gonna do i just want to find someone w/ a slightly used IX turbo. and also get the forge WGA as well. what can i say great minds think alike, let me know how it works for you.
Yep, you got it. I hope to find a IX turbo eventually, but for this season, I'll be happy with my new mods. The 8 will be pretty strong for this racing season.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Excellent choice, BR products are hands down the best out there. Should have had my 10.5 Jet coated. I did port it though

Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
did you try a search!!!??? pictures of port matched and coated parts have been posted 100045345345 million times!!! why are you wasting our time showing us stuff we have seen so many times? you are a waste of internet space warrtalon and should be banned for doing such a noooob thing without reading the rules of the forum first!

ok, ok. i keeeed, i keeed!!
looks great! interestingly, when we had our race car turbo coated, our hotside was black on the exterior, and the compressor had the polished look to it. because i was on no way involved in what coatings we used, i'm interested to hear what coatings were used and why all your exhaust parts came out polished?
you had me going, I was thinking wow where the f did this flame come from
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor

I'm in full support of the idea and those doing it, but due to my sponsorships, I refrain from claiming any affiliation.

wow..