Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Maintainence pricing..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we should do a group buy on a workshop manual on cd rom and get it posted here for reference....any thoughts
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by limey
I think we should do a group buy on a workshop manual on cd rom and get it posted here for reference....any thoughts
I would be interested in that. actually a print version would be prefered, but I guess I cam always bring the CD to Kinkos or something.... A shop manual will be the first thing that I get for my Evo...
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

I could go for a service manual too! I'd definitely prefer the print booklet too. I wonder if any place would actually be willing to do a group buy for that?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Maintainence pricing..

Originally posted by Fireball

I asked that myself. They think that the Evo plugs will be a lot different than the DSM plugs. Possibly higher tolerance, or heat rating? They said they'll be different. We're going to look on our next Evo.
It is possible that they are just using the dual ground plug that came standard on 2G DSMs. Those were pretty expensive. NGK BPR6EKN was the part number, I believe. They call for these plugs because they last longer than standard single ground plugs, not because they give more power. A spark is a spark, it isn't like you get 2 sparks because you have 2 grounds.

The only set of those that my car ever saw was the set that came with the car. Other than that, I buy BPR6ES or BPR7ES, depending on my mood.

Unless the head is radically different, I can't see why you couldn't just substitute with another, cheaper, NGK plug. You may have to replace them sooner, but you will come out ahead in the long run. And changing plugs on a 4G63T is a 10 minute affair.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

GTR - If everyone can give me a few weeks, I can get a discount set up for us. I am at work right now so I am not going to go into it. But lets just say, in roughly a few weeks I will have access to parts for you guys. I'll write more on this later. But, I can say I can probably get a discount set up for you guys to get some of these parts cheaper. How much I don't know right as of now, but I can assume it will be worth your while. Let me talk to who I need to talk to and I'll clear things up for you.

Last edited by favre95; Mar 25, 2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

What's with these crazy tires prices? And only from Mitsu? Rip-off!! Well , I guess we can be happy we arent going to be paying $1800/set like the guys waiting to get their STis. I read that over in NASIOC yesterday. Does anyone know if there are tires as good as the ones on the evo that we can get third party?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Conicelli Mitsubishi already sells parts at very discounted prices to mailorder customers. www.partznet.com It usually works out to list price minus 25%. I get all my DSM parts from them.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Count me in for the "EVO Manual" group buy.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:21 AM

Yea me too i would deffinatly go for a manuel if they were avaible
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:36 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by favre95
GTR - If everyone can give me a few weeks, I can get a discount set up for us. I am at work right now so I am not going to go into it. But lets just say, in roughly a few weeks I will have access to parts for you guys. I'll write more on this later. But, I can say I can probably get a discount set up for you guys to get some of these parts cheaper. How much I don't know right as of now, but I can assume it will be worth your while. Let me talk to who I need to talk to and I'll clear things up for you.
That sounds great!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ShapeGSX
Conicelli Mitsubishi already sells parts at very discounted prices to mailorder customers. www.partznet.com It usually works out to list price minus 25%. I get all my DSM parts from them.
Neat. If you are referring to Conicelli (in Conshocken, PA) I just got a call from them the other day, and they are asking 5K over MSRP for the EVO there (they have a white and blue), soo.... I guess the intial EVO owners are paying for the dicounted parts
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

That is fine by me so long as I can still get discounted parts.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Fireball, I was wondering how do the prices of the brake pads compare with the normal lancer pads? A friend of mine was insisting that the usdm evo8 part prices should be *high* due to the fact that it is a limited production model. Those prices don't look bad to me!

Last edited by jemm; Apr 16, 2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 04:39 PM

im no math genius or anything but if the bulbs last 10,000hrs, theres 24 hrs in a day, then that means they will give you about 416 full days worth of use, now dont get me wrong or anything but i expect to have a car much longer than that, just sayin that cause you said life of the car and i know many people who are constantly changin their bulbs that say "10,000hrs of use"
Old Jan 3, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Do you drive at night all the time? If not, don't turn on the headlights.