Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS Cat-Back Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS Cat-Back Question

Whats up? I was wondering which down-pipes, test pipes, and high flow cats go good with the AMS catback system.

I would be interested in the AMS, with Helix dp.. with I dunno which HFC, or TP...

What would be a good route?
Old Dec 24, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i have the AMS cat back right now and the dp pretty soon and honestly it is very nice but all the AMS stuff is 3 bolt flange. so its real hard to match other brands up
Old Dec 24, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh, alright. Well I like the AMS exhaust, and I had been planning on getting their TBE system... however its rather expensive, and it doesn't angel out much. I like the "angeled" look, and was hoping to get an exhaust that angeled.

I would get the Megan, or LPI but I don't know if I like the sound of them, there are NO, I repeat NO good Evo exhaust videos. Everyone always takes a camera sets it by the exhaust, and then revs it. Why can't we have drive bys, or on board driving cams, and stuff, to give a better understand on what the exhaust REALLY sounds like?

Even with all this in mind, I am still stuck on the AMS TBE system. Unless someone can name a similar system with the qualities I listed... AND good deep, mean sound.