Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sunoco gas station attendant dissed my EVO amongst other things...*long read*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks. Wish I could pump my own gas as well but here in Oregon they pump for you.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That really sucks.

Since moving to NJ from NY a few months back, I too have had some weird looks from gas jockeys on my Evo.

Most of the people pump gas are teenagers, so that could explain the mentality; most teenagers cannot afford an Evo but want one.

Anyway, where was the Sunoco located?

I need gas too!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

One, stop by my house in Metuchen and we'll go for a ride. I'll go kick his a$$, outweighing him by 100 pounds easily and having 5 inches on him almost.

Second, the only words out of your mouth should have been "Shhhh, shhh, shh....quiet. You work at a Sunoco and drive a Civic. Your parents should have put you to sleep, as you are a stain on society....because you are rude and ignorant, not for being a gas attendant. Now finish filling my f#cking tank before I have Feldguy do a tiggly womp on your neck, a$$wipe"
Old Dec 25, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

first... he is ignorant and probably thought that it was a Lancer.. Ouch for me tho.. Secondly... I wonder how he drove one?.. Probably a regular lancer.. But an Evo.. In his dreams.. He works in a gas station.. A salesperson wont let you test drive an evo if you role-in with a primered car, or atleast have second thoughts handing you the keys.. haha.. but yeah... kids.. ignorant kids.. lets not stoop down to their level.. and its good that you were mature enough to know tho.. and man.. lucky you.. 87octane here in my place is 2.19 and was 3bucks in one point.. (around san francisco california area..)
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akEvo
i would of challenged him to a wager, on a track of course...
i would also be asking myself if i trusted that he put in 94 (the reason why i hate filling up in NJ)
oh and 93 is 2.33 here
Yeah he did put in 94, I saw it with my two eyes since I was standing outside my car "making believe" I was gonna pump my own gas.

Its real funny when you get out of your car to pump gas and all of a sudden an attendant runs out like hell to stop you.....
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Sucks that he spilled gas on your paint man. One time I spilled Touluene on my paint, it started eating away quickly =p

my paint is normally waxed so I hoped it helped a bit.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 6-speed
That really sucks.

Since moving to NJ from NY a few months back, I too have had some weird looks from gas jockeys on my Evo.

Most of the people pump gas are teenagers, so that could explain the mentality; most teenagers cannot afford an Evo but want one.

I need gas too!

There are two main Sunoco's that I go to, the first is the one a couple miles north of exit 56 on Interstate 80...the service here is excellent and every attendant I have had was real pleasant, professional and greeted me with a smile.

The other Sunoco I use is the one on RTE 46, the closest one to the GWB. If you are going eastbound you'll actually run into two of them but the one closest to the GWB is cheaper. The one near my girls house on I80 exit 56 is probably the cheaper than the ones closer to the GWB. The Sunoco where that guy overfilled my tank was the cheapest, with Ultra 94 costing at $2.42/gal
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 6-speed
That really sucks.

I need gas too!
Ohh also,

Avoid the Sunoco on the westbound side of RTE 46 if you can, like the one thats kinda like situated on a hill, the first station you see when you get off the GWB. One time I pulled in there to fill up and this teenage kid attendant put 89 into my tank when I asked for 94!!!!!

A part of me thinks that he was putting crap gas into my car out of spite....and I can feel the "hater" energy that was coming out of him....by the way he was looking at me and the car...
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
One, stop by my house in Metuchen and we'll go for a ride. I'll go kick his a$$, outweighing him by 100 pounds easily and having 5 inches on him almost.

Second, the only words out of your mouth should have been "Shhhh, shhh, shh....quiet. You work at a Sunoco and drive a Civic. Your parents should have put you to sleep, as you are a stain on society....because you are rude and ignorant, not for being a gas attendant. Now finish filling my f#cking tank before I have Feldguy do a tiggly womp on your neck, a$$wipe"
Thanks for the offer, we sure have to go for a ride one day down there... especially when he's there with horsing around his civic hatchback buddies.....
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by import_speedzz
first... he is ignorant and probably thought that it was a Lancer.. Ouch for me tho.. Secondly... I wonder how he drove one?.. Probably a regular lancer.. But an Evo.. In his dreams.. He works in a gas station.. A salesperson wont let you test drive an evo if you role-in with a primered car, or atleast have second thoughts handing you the keys.. haha.. but yeah... kids.. ignorant kids.. lets not stoop down to their level.. and its good that you were mature enough to know tho.. and man.. lucky you.. 87octane here in my place is 2.19 and was 3bucks in one point.. (around san francisco california area..)

while in Paterson, NJ yesterday there are some "no name brand" gas stations that sell 93 for like $2.22-$2.23 per gallon.....and I think regular was like in the $2.00-$2.07 range
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taenaive

NJ, you can't pump yourself. It is the law. gasoline can't be handled by general public. what a nonsense law that is.... trained professional like that idiot can only do it.
Well that makes all of us in the other states geniuses don't it.. ;p

Lol riced out Honda and works at a gas station. While we're at it, we can assume he watches Initial D and thinks he's Takumi. No...seriously guys... he might!

Last edited by CRVdrftR05; Dec 25, 2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Ohh also,

Avoid the Sunoco on the westbound side of RTE 46 if you can, like the one thats kinda like situated on a hill, the first station you see when you get off the GWB. One time I pulled in there to fill up and this teenage kid attendant put 89 into my tank when I asked for 94!!!!!

A part of me thinks that he was putting crap gas into my car out of spite....and I can feel the "hater" energy that was coming out of him....by the way he was looking at me and the car...
Was it you who's car blew up a few months back?

BTW..I think all you Evo owners in THAT area should go fill up there. ;p Pay the KID a visit.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
At this point in time I'm pissed a wanna kick his A$$ but decided not to cuz he was like 6'3" and like 180+ pounds....

where's he?? im in Jersey too... im 6 5" 220 i'll put him in a full nelson then bounce no one talks **** about lancers!! .... btw i hate $h1tvics

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Dec 26, 2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taenaive

NJ, you can't pump yourself. It is the law. gasoline can't be handled by general public. what a nonsense law that is.... trained professional like that idiot can only do it.

also the fact that static electricity from your carpet touching gasoline can blow up the damn place
Old Dec 26, 2005, 12:45 AM

it seems to me like u got punked bro 6'3 3'6 w.e or who he is knowing that the gas will eat through my paint i would have done something about it imidiatly who the **** says they are sertified to handle fuel ? lol u guys really know the certification for handeling fuel, ARMY ! gloves and Gargoles & thats both JP8 and MOGAS so basically an idiot can handle fuel, sorry friend but thats who attended you a moron ! yeah i drop something th1s d1ck in his mouth! in Miami they dont have that BS man

Quick Reply: Sunoco gas station attendant dissed my EVO amongst other things...*long read*