Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does driving the EVO ever get annoying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I don't get challanged as much as you would think. I think a lot of people just don't know what the car is. I also think part of why I don't notice it is because I drive fast most of the time. When comparing a evo to a normal everyday family car can you really tell in traffic if they were trying?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Oh in that case..

I just get annoyed with people that know nothing about the car.. yet ask "can i go for a ride" or "can i drive it"

But you'll get that with most nice cars :P
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had my Evo almost 2 years and most people still do not know what it is, but they know they won't mess with it again.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Ok that is cool then, my buddies three challenges in 5 minutes was just probably an isolated case. I'm sure it's not an everyday occurance.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:28 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Car is far from boring to drive, especially coming from an automatic torqueless Civic which I used to have lol. To be honest though, I don't get challenged much, but I do receive a lot of stares lol .
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only thing that's annoying to me is when I have to stop driving it.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

alot of people complain about long rides, but i dont mind it at all. Makes no difference if its 5 mins down the road or 5 hours. As far as the challenges they happen all the time most of the time its really funny to see some kid trying his hardest to get you to race.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Early in the morning before the tires have warmed up it drives like a tank. I dont use winter tires because we only have a few days colder than 40 degrees a year and our summer lasts about 9-10 months.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
Account Disabled

Challenged not that much. Road raged against, Every day. Kind of scary w/o a crash beam
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Early in the morning before the tires have warmed up it drives like a tank. I dont use winter tires because we only have a few days colder than 40 degrees a year and our summer lasts about 9-10 months.
my snow tires have softened up my MR's ride a ton compared to the stock advans. i guess the stock ride wasn't too bad, but it did get a little annoying on crappy road surfaces.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

300ways, living in Cali is your issue, not the car. everybody wants to race everybody there. it's so bad there that cops are now starting to follow the FnF movies & mod their own UC's. if you want an EVO but with no attention, buy the RS model. if you like power windows & all that, but the regular 9 & yank the spoiler. also debadge it (3M adhesive remover works well) so people have more trouble guessing what it is.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I live here in LA (like you) and I am not challenged that much. I think it's all about what you attract. Or maybe I'm older, don't know. There have been a couple of times. One of which was I got on the onramp at a good click, and a G35 sped up and paced me.

I came out of a meeting last week, and feeling pretty good while heading back to the office I got on it a little. THis Corwn Vic apparently wanted to race, since he was on my bumper. And then he pulled me over. THe very nice CHP officer told me to slow down, I didn't argue with him when he told me I was speeding, and he gave me a warning. Merry Chrismas to me.

Anyway, if you're not revving at every stoplight I think you'll be ok. I've also noticed fewer SRT-4s wanting to race. maybe out here there are more modded Evos, I don't know.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:57 AM

I get challenged too much here in Fl, ill admit i just ride around and something always has to come up and try and fool around, most of the time i just let them go.

Its extremely rare for me not to have someone try and race me on the street. Even today on the way to work an old corvette was keeping up with me throughout the highway. Nothing new, ive had plenty of cars that like to bother me. I just smile and continue driving, cause i know i got a bad *** car and i need not prove its worth.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not so sure what it is, but it seems like everyone that does recognize the car and knows what it can do, seems to want to test their car against it. Whether they want to tell all of their buddies they ran an EVO or saw one, I don't know. But it is gratifying sometimes to see their headlights receding into the distance....
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

boring heck no, the drive to work everyday is great... annoying, yes now that my clutch slips evertime i touch the gas.. that should go away tomorrow tho