Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does driving the EVO ever get annoying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i get reved on all the freakin time! it gets so old, or when someone passes me they have to let their bov vent right next to me...i ALWAYS just wave them off and let them waste the gas. street racing is for lil kids!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

I get challenged, reved on, have tires smoked next to me almost every day. I thought being 45 might help, but no, they expect me to race. The funniest was the guy in his dads Dodge 4x4 who keep stopping, burning them off, and shouting at me to race. I almost followed the guy home so I could tell his dad how he drives!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I think it is based on location. I live in Rochester, NY and get challenged maybe once a month. Granted it is the middle of winter and Evos and STis/WRXs are about the only performance cars on the road, it still is not a problem.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

i have had my evo for about 6 months now, i have yet to be challenged.

most of the ricer kids with their civics and crap that used to mess with me in other cars now just usually stare with their mouths open.

and most people who drive muscle cars are either too old to be interested in racing, of don't know/care what my car is.

just as well. i would rather keep the racing on the track.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most times I get left alone. People that have Vettes, Vipers, Porsches just act as if they don't see me (and maybe they don't. )

People with modded Eclipses, WRX's, Civics, etc gape openly, slow down, pull up to but don't challenge. I had a kid trail me in a SRT-4 on the highway for a couple of miles.

The cars that *HAVE* challenged me have all been off the wall stuff, like a 98ish Lexus ES300, a early 80's S-10 with a camper shell and debris in the bed, and a Armada on 22's.

The only reasonable one being a stock looking '04>Mustang GT drop.

Last edited by GPTourer; Dec 27, 2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Its never fast enough
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

it gets annoying when i drive home ( a small hick town) for the holidays (350 miles) with NO CRUISE!!! my right leg must be ripped by now! lol

it also gets annoying when i get pulled over once a month for not having a front license plate. but i usually just get warnings

biggest annoyace...when a group of honda-ites form around the car at a when i park it. it's kind of flattering, then they all tell me about how a CAI and BOV would make my car fly. i even remember some kid telling me that his buddy with a evo put 4 turbos on it...always up for a good laugh.

the muscle car guys always seem to give me respect...i think i got that when i handed a 500whp ls1 it's *** at the drag one night. i guess word spreads in a small town.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sometimes i get annoyed when all the slow cars / trucks wanna race
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostcj
I never really get challenged. Most people in the midwest don't even know what an EVO is.
lol a lot of people don't know what an evo is, and the people that do usually drive something worthy or they just give you the nice car nod. i like the challenges on long trips because it seems to make the drive take a lot less time

the only thing that annoys me is when there's bumper to bumper traffic, and that's just because you know you could be doing 100 in the shoulder. traffic sucks in any car though, so no evo driving doesn't get old.

damn i forgot that part... i do hate not having cruise control on long trips, damn BMW for giving me one in my last two cars.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

haha man i'm from diamond bar too, and i know exactly what you're talking about. over here even porsche owners/bmw/mb owners look like they're constantly looking for someone to run with.

i dont even drive an evo; i drive a freakin integra. one night i was going out to get some grocery at 7-11 at like 1 am. the street was empty so i cut this left turn pretty quickly, then i found out there's a sl65 amg next to me in the right lane 2 sec later O_O it was an older dude with almost no hair.....he slowed down his car and kept looking at me, prolly cuz he saw my turn, and though he was nowhere near me when i cut the corner, he prolly thought i was a "spirited driver" looking for some fun. first of i dont ever street race, second of all, it's a freakin sl65 amg, so i just gave him a thumbs up and smiled like an idiot. after about 15 sec of him staring at me, he just floored that baby and the thing chirped the ground at 45 mph and jumped to like 80+ within a blink of an eye...he was probably goin thru some mid-life crisis and had to prove somethin to a poor 20 yr old kid in a teg....but i digress.

goin to school in ucla gives me the priviledge of seeing insane cars in the westwood/hollywood/beverly hills etc area. i've gotten challenged by 2 360 modena's, 1 f430 just punched it on the highway after lining up with me for 10 sec, gt3's, carerras, and even a 996 tt. also once a supra tt challenged me on the highway, as well as various other cars on the highway, can't remember all of them....i just looked at all of them like they're nuts; they probably thought my car was fast just cuz it's sleek looking or something. or maybe it's just my face (should really get a tint).

when i get the EVo i know it will attract races like mad. when i drove my friend's evo up in norcal for 3 hours i was challenged by a supercharged mustang gt, 2 civic ek's with b18c1/h22a swap, 2 wrx's slowed down to line up with me on the highway, as well as 1 STi flooring it when the light turned green....but for me, when ppl wanna run me in my Evo, i will just give them a thumbs up and keep minding my own business
Old Dec 27, 2005, 01:23 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
when i get the EVo i know it will attract races like mad. when i drove my friend's evo up in norcal for 3 hours i was challenged by a supercharged mustang gt, 2 civic ek's with b18c1/h22a swap, 2 wrx's slowed down to line up with me on the highway, as well as 1 STi flooring it when the light turned green....but for me, when ppl wanna run me in my Evo, i will just give them a thumbs up and keep minding my own business

Thats exactly what I would do if I get challenged as well.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

What gets annoying to me is all of the SUV's that drive like bats from hades and think that just because they have a large engine, they can go fast. I get a lot of SUV's with rims blaring hip-hop out of all four open windows who rev at stoplights. And then when I take it easy and I'm still at about the same speed as them, they MUST floor it as if their genitals will shrivel away if they are not first to brake hard at the next light.

Every now and then I'll get modded civics filled with teenagers (or people with teenage mindsets) that will try to race, but most 'car people' just pace me. i often find myself leading a small pack on the freeway.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

I don't have people ever really trying to screw with me. The only thing that I think is annoying is that my car has no "mid range" It's either slow as ***** in town out of boost or as soon as boost kicks in ***** fast. Not that, that's a horrible thing.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bechbum82
it never gets boring..... and have never been bored with it........, i love it more and more. i still catch myself looking out the window and just thinkin damn i finally have one
+1_____ i just deleted the parts that didnt apply to me...lol
Old Dec 27, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I love driving my EVO, especially when I havent driven it in a few days.