Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does driving the EVO ever get annoying?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It gets annoying and boring because nobody wants to play. They just give you the thumbs up and look the other direction..
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

If I could drive it for a living I would.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
I had that problem with my winged 03, that's why I've been rolling in an RS since. If you take the wing off or go with an RS that will eliminate most of the 16-25 set trying to race you.
agreed. with the wing on, it happened all of the time. now that i've switched trunks, it almost never happens.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

It can get annoying when you're sitting in horrible traffic pinned in between suicidal SUVs and tourists in Chryslers - so much car just wasting away in commuter hell.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Yorgis_MR
Well, I would def. say that it IS Evo envy but at the same time, if you bought an Evo to "race" people on the street, you picked the wrong car. I personally think it's a "crime" to race the Evo (which is one of the best all-around cars available and one of two or three in the price-range) with some 19-year old kid that has a chip on his/her shoulder and wants to "prove" that their 100-shot X-brand car is faster. There is ALWAYS someone faster than you...if these people want to race, let them race themselves. Most of the people that want to race you or your friend, wouldnt last a single lap at the track.
I purchased the Evo for me, not for anyone else and not to prove anything to anyone...although, I DO have to admit that it feels nice when people in Porsche's and M3's glare at the Evo in fear...hehehe.
QFT, I don't recall anyone ever trying to race me either. The only out of the normal things I can remember since I got the car is that now every SRT4 I see revs at me when they go by (in the opposite direction, never had one next to me) and one time some boob tried to keep up with me as I was getting on the interstate, he didn't last long Most of the time any interaction I get with other drivers are compliments. A lot of people tell me its a nice car when they pull up beside me at a light.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostcj
I never really get challenged. Most people in the midwest don't even know what an EVO is.
I agree 100% I've never been challenged. An SRT did a BOV vent near me on the freeway once (LAME) but then got behind me and never tried anything.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

I guess I must be crazy to almost everyone else on this board, but if I pull up next to a car that gets my attention (positive or negative type of way) I will throw a rev or make a hand gesture and say whats up. People are so serious these days, lighten up and a little spirited driving along side of a SRT-4 isn't gonna kill you, if your being reasonable. I like looking for stuff that compares to whatever your driving.

Ex. My Dad drives a really sick c5, slamed and bodykitted with alot of stuff done to it. wouldnt you want to go around and find SVT Cobra's, Vette's or Camaro's?

People that have done stuff to their car, are enthusiasts. They are people and a nice little blip of throttle might make their day. There arent many Evo's out there so if you throw a rev to Joe Schmo in his metallic green Del Sol 10 bucks he will be stoked that you noticed him and will run to tell his friends that he saw a car he'd impreginate his own sister to own.

Maybe I'm just different? I dont know.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I dont get challanged either and Im stock. I love driving it everyday
Old Jan 21, 2006, 06:36 PM

I get a little bored sometimes because I never get challenged. I don't know if it's because of respect or because my Evo is silver and it just blends in with all the other silver commuter cars on the road. I drive interstate 30 miles to work everyday, a little confrontation every now and then would be good!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 06:56 PM

I get challenged about once a week here in Oklahoma, mostly by Honda's with load exhausts and little else. Had the car a little over a year so that's a lot of challenges. Guess they win, because street racing is stupid. I can keep mine straight at WOT but I sure don't trust the other guy. Never took one on. Besides the risk to the public, tickets and clutches are expensive!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bechbum82
it never gets boring.....i have drivin to NC from MD and up to atlantic city and have never been bored with it. I drive an hr to work everyday, i love it more and more. i still catch myself looking out the window and just thinkin damn i finally have one
+2
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i HATE driving it in stop and go Seattle traffic... makes me hate the car. Then when I take it out after 7pm and rip through some corners, I like it again
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

I hate when people either have no clue what an Evo is, or they say "I bet it's fast", like no **** buddy. The worst however is when these little morons start telling me life stories about how they have all these plans of putting B18 motors in their Hondas and how they are gonna be fast as hell when they are done. That's more annoying than anything I can imagine.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:55 PM

I have had my EVO for about 3-4 months now here and have put some serious miles on it already and i can tell you that everytime i step into the garage i am still in awe that i actually have one. its a dream to drive simply put.

as for being challenged, its almost non-existant anyway here in cincy. must be a cali thing for racing. haha here in cincy i get a lot of people that will speed up to look at the car but never challenge
Old Jan 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i don't get annoyed...you can rev all you want...i know what my car can do...haven't had any crazy kids saying there stock exhaust civic will beat my evo...i get praise and looks of awe from the evo...life stops for them when they see it...car has a strong effect on people...maybe it's the wing? lol ...i really like when people take pictures of my car while on the highway or something or when a car full of people are going crazy when they see the evo...but seeing i'm in miami. ...lambos, ferrari's, porsches, bentleys, mercs, aston martins... i see those quite frequently....yet to see the new ford gt on the streets ...saw the ferrari 430 at UM this morning... beauty

back on topic