Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a Daily Driver..Its time to build the Evo..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donmeca2020
i woulda seriously bought something alot cheaper, but if that makes you happy its your money. im currently looking at a corrolla gt-s for $1500 bucks. if i can find something cheaper then thats what im going to hop on.
My stepdad's 21st birthday and Christmas present was helping me buy a daily driver, he wasnt down with buying me mods for the evo...so basically I picked the nicest thing I could find, it would have no bearing on how much I could spend on the Evo... I see what your saying and agree totally b/c if that was the case then I could have lots more money, but the money spent on the daily driver (regardless of its cost) would only go to that car and not the evo...I hope that clears that up
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TeenEVOwner
My stepdad's 21st birthday and Christmas present was helping me buy a daily driver, he wasnt down with buying me mods for the evo...so basically I picked the nicest thing I could find, it would have no bearing on how much I could spend on the Evo... I see what your saying and agree totally b/c if that was the case then I could have lots more money, but the money spent on the daily driver (regardless of its cost) would only go to that car and not the evo...I hope that clears that up

Thats what i am was getting at in my first post, anyways sell the stang get a Huffy and put all the money into the EVO j/k But hey you didn't have to pay for it its really at no lose to you

Seriously tho get the cams for sure you will love them. i don't know if i would go with the AEM EMS just yet i would wait till you did the turbo upgrade for that

I would also maybe factor in some new injectors and fuel pump then get a tune soemwhere and squeeze everything you can out of what you have and will get thats just my $.02

Last edited by GTSMWET; Dec 29, 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Damn your spoiled

280 cams, JIC coilovers, Race tires and Track time = Greatest fun for $2100
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Buy the AEM EMS Evo Specific package and either install it now or wait until you have more money.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:40 AM

I say keep the evo the way it is, and throw a 150 shot and some 4.10's at the mustang!

Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Slappy
Damn your spoiled
lol...thats what my girlfriend thinks...
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
I say keep the evo the way it is, and throw a 150 shot and some 4.10's at the mustang!

Its my daily driver...lol...no nos...

Although the stang is getting its windows tinted, cobra rims, full exhaust, intake, and blacked headlights...thats all it will ever get, aside from oil changes and stuff like that... Also I bought the mustang with a Mach 1 suspension and 373 gears...
Old Dec 29, 2005, 03:40 PM

Its my daily driver...lol...no nos...

Although the stang is getting its windows tinted, cobra rims, full exhaust, intake, and blacked headlights...thats all it will ever get, aside from oil changes and stuff like that... Also I bought the mustang with a Mach 1 suspension and 373 gears...

I had a cobra for 8 years prior to buying my evo, it had a built motor, vortech S tirm, and a boat load of other stuff. It made right at 500 rwhp. The only thing that I miss about the car is the sound, and being able to smoke the tires from 0-100

BTW the best place to get OEM cobra wheels if gefracing.com,...you can get real ones for the price of knock offs.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
I had a cobra for 8 years prior to buying my evo, it had a built motor, vortech S tirm, and a boat load of other stuff. It made right at 500 rwhp. The only thing that I miss about the car is the sound, and being able to smoke the tires from 0-100

BTW the best place to get OEM cobra wheels if gefracing.com,...you can get real ones for the price of knock offs.
Yeh the sound is awsome, I still have the stock exhaust on the car, but I can't wait for a full exhaust... Also Thanks for the site for the rims!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

dude, you dont hook up a daily driver, the point of the daily driver/beater is to save you money and provide reliability so that your other fun car can get what it wants...but it seems like you neither spent the money for the car (stepdad bought you it) and you probably wont be paying for the parts for the stang, so do whatever makes you happy i guess!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gt5oh
dude, you dont hook up a daily driver, the point of the daily driver/beater is to save you money and provide reliability so that your other fun car can get what it wants...but it seems like you neither spent the money for the car (stepdad bought you it) and you probably wont be paying for the parts for the stang, so do whatever makes you happy i guess!
I do understand that you dont "hook up" a daily driver, but the car is a lot nicer than I thought I would get, so in turn its kind of like a second car, that I am driving b/c I am building my evo... The only reason I want to mod the mustang a little, is b/c I have the $$ #1 and #2 I think that a couple of mods would make it look sleek and sound even better. I want to get into a car everyday and really want to drive it. Ive been spoiled by being able to drive the evo everyday....
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

I do understand that you dont "hook up" a daily driver, but the car is a lot nicer than I thought I would get, so in turn its kind of like a second car, that I am driving b/c I am building my evo... The only reason I want to mod the mustang a little, is b/c I have the $$ #1 and #2 I think that a couple of mods would make it look sleek and sound even better. I want to get into a car everyday and really want to drive it. Ive been spoiled by being able to drive the evo everyday....
it does suck to hop into a completely stock car when u r used to driving an evo. but the more money u save the more built the evo will be.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 09:13 AM

I had a 00 Gt, had 3.73 gears, long tubes, flows, intake, springs, and a shifter, along with other misc stuff, and I just sold my 99 Cobra.

What color is the car? I have some white 18x9 03 Cobra replicas in white that are brand new i would sell you CHEAP, but they would prob only look good on a white or red car.

My suggestions for the stang are first and foremost, a MWG orange handle shifter, esp since it is a daily driver. www.mgwltd.com It will be well worth the money. For intake, I recommend a JLT true cold air, they are inexpensive and made the most HP out of 11 intakes tested by 5.0 Mag. http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ It's $160 shipped for the cold air, and $100 for the ram air, and u can get him to paint match them for your car. The complete cold air kit is $225. Its what I had on the Cobra, and the butt dyno loved it.

As for the evo, don't have one, but if I were you, I would do the cams and cam gears, and the EMS. You may not need it yet, but you will, and it can help out now.

Any ideas what turbo you will be going with?

Last edited by Crackerballer; Dec 30, 2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 09:26 AM

I 2nd the MGW shifter & going with JLT for the cai.

You know that gas mileage on the stang is going to suck compared to the evo.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crackerballer
I had a 00 Gt, had 3.73 gears, long tubes, flows, intake, springs, and a shifter, along with other misc stuff, and I just sold my 99 Cobra.

What color is the car? I have some white 18x9 03 Cobra replicas in white that are brand new i would sell you CHEAP, but they would prob only look good on a white or red car.

My suggestions for the stang are first and foremost, a MWG orange handle shifter, esp since it is a daily driver. www.mgwltd.com It will be well worth the money. For intake, I recommend a JLT true cold air, they are inexpensive and made the most HP out of 11 intakes tested by 5.0 Mag. http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ It's $160 shipped for the cold air, and $100 for the ram air, and u can get him to paint match them for your car. The complete cold air kit is $225. Its what I had on the Cobra, and the butt dyno loved it.

As for the evo, don't have one, but if I were you, I would do the cams and cam gears, and the EMS. You may not need it yet, but you will, and it can help out now.

Any ideas what turbo you will be going with?
Yeh I was wanting the crome rims for the stang...the color is that metallic blue (and my evo is blue as well )... I could just crome out the stock evo rims I have and put them on the stang!!..lol...j/k that wouldn't be good Thanks for the links for the intake, b/c that will be second after the full exhaust... I think I will hold off on the EMS until the car is where I want it (engine, turbo, etc..). As far as the turbo, I would like to have a 35r, b/c I figure that will be able to handle the 500hp easily and its capable of more for the future...