Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a Daily Driver..Its time to build the Evo..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a Daily Driver..Its time to build the Evo..

I just purchased a 1999 Mustang GT (35th Anniv. Ed.) as my daily driver (5sp. of course). Its a very different experience than my evo. This is the first V8 I have ever owned and the first RWD... I have only had the car 1 day and I have gotten so many compliments on the car!?!?!? Its like there are a million of them around and there is only 1 evo in my town but everybody likes the mustang...whatev I have some ca$h to buy some evo parts as well... approx. $2,100 I have the following mods:
Full TBE (no cat)
HKS EVC
PWR intercooler
Upper & Lower IC pipes
HKS Suction Pipe Kit
ACT clutch w/ a Fidanza Flywheel
(those are just the power adders)
Current Dyno Pack #'s 305whp & 320tq @ 22psi

My goal is 500whp +... I do realize that $2,100 isnt going to do it, but I need a good start (dont factor in labor, my friends and I are doing that )... If I could get some suggestions from the evo community that would be awsome!
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

i would get some camshafts for sure, prob. some 272's in your case, dont know if i would go with the 280's

then a turbo kit

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get a seriously dumb winter beater, and put more money in the EVO, like i drive a 94 ford tempo, used to be a 93 Geo Metro, and put more into the EVo, what did that Stang set you back anyways, i mean i found my tempo from some old guy that only wanted 200 bucks for it and it had 80,000 miles on it. he bought it brand new, but hey thats cool tho

Last edited by GTSMWET; Dec 28, 2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

camshafts, then save up for a turbo kit and ems
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

sell the mustang, buy a civic, and then you can play with the evo all over the place
Old Dec 28, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTSMWET
i would get some camshafts for sure, prob. some 272's in your case, dont know if i would go with the 280's

then a turbo kit

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get a seriously dumb winter beater, and put more money in the EVO, like i drive a 94 ford tempo, used to be a 93 Geo Metro, and put more into the EVo, what did that Stang set you back anyways, i mean i found my tempo from some old guy that only wanted 200 bucks for it and it had 80,000 miles on it. he bought it brand new, but hey thats cool tho
Its really not a matter of if I would have bought any thing else that I would have more money to spend on the Evo...my stepdad said he would throw down some money on a daily driver, so basically I looked for the best deal, and the nicest car, and thats what I came up w/... I wouldnt have had any additional money if I would have bought a civic...I would just have a civic and still 2,100 to spend on the Evo... So in my mind it was a nicer car...
Old Dec 28, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

280 cams, GT35R, Alky kit, stand alone. Badda boom, badda bing! 500hp
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Cams, and a lot of nitrous. The only real way to probably make 500 hp with a $2100 budget. But that would require a lot more then it would be worth. Just messin around.
A better idea would be cams, and try to find a used rnr 50 trim turbo kit. They have been sold on here for around $2500 which isnt that far off from what u have.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
sell the mustang, buy a civic, and then you can play with the evo all over the place
+1

that's what i drive!
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeenEVOwner
Its really not a matter of if I would have bought any thing else that I would have more money to spend on the Evo...my stepdad said he would throw down some money on a daily driver, so basically I looked for the best deal, and the nicest car, and thats what I came up w/... I wouldnt have had any additional money if I would have bought a civic...I would just have a civic and still 2,100 to spend on the Evo... So in my mind it was a nicer car...
i still wouldnt have picked a mustang
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

his question wasnt about his daily driver, it was about his quest for 500 hp. We all know that a mustang bashing could last for hundreds of pages and should be left for an off-topic conversation.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

in that case i honor him for getting a mustang and being brave enough for sharing that with all of us evo owners..
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
+1

that's what i drive!
+2
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

I wont be surprise...W. Virginia... mountain mwa mwa..j/k
Originally Posted by TeenEVOwner
I just purchased a 1999 Mustang GT (35th Anniv. Ed.) as my daily driver (5sp. of course). Its a very different experience than my evo. This is the first V8 I have ever owned and the first RWD... I have only had the car 1 day and I have gotten so many compliments on the car!?!?!? Its like there are a million of them around and there is only 1 evo in my town but everybody likes the mustang...whatev I have some ca$h to buy some evo parts as well... approx. $2,100 I have the following mods:
Full TBE (no cat)
HKS EVC
PWR intercooler
Upper & Lower IC pipes
HKS Suction Pipe Kit
ACT clutch w/ a Fidanza Flywheel
(those are just the power adders)
Current Dyno Pack #'s 305whp & 320tq @ 22psi

My goal is 500whp +... I do realize that $2,100 isnt going to do it, but I need a good start (dont factor in labor, my friends and I are doing that )... If I could get some suggestions from the evo community that would be awsome!
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.. I knew something concerning nitrous would be included because thats one easy way to get to 500....I will prolly just get the cams, since everybody seems to agree on that...I am thinking 272's, also with the spare cash I can get the AEM EMS and some look good parts, since it doesnt have to endure the everyday drive to college and back! (P.S. sorry I bought a mustang , I've never been a fan of them, but its growing on me) Anyway with cams, and tuning, I should be around mid 300's and I guess thats ok for now...and it will look hella better
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

i woulda seriously bought something alot cheaper, but if that makes you happy its your money. im currently looking at a corrolla gt-s for $1500 bucks. if i can find something cheaper then thats what im going to hop on.