Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
i will lookinto this as i did not no this info. thank you.

warrtalon here is a prime exsample how to help some1 then bash and get no where.
I didn't bash you. You just don't even make the slightest attempt to speak (type) in proper English. You continually type "here" instead of "hear." That is basic, BASIC English. Btw, you'd never be able to go in my threads to correct my spelling or grammar, because I don't use improper grammar or poor spelling.

I also didn't mention the Dynoflash 2-stage, because it's not really a 2-stage, switchable map. It's based off boost levels (i.e., 21psi = map 1, 24psi = map2), which means the ECU switches maps depending on the boost you run. It's not a switch you can flip or map you can select on some device like a piggyback. I would never recommend this to you, because I don't trust that you won't blow up your car.

Of course, I didn't know everything from the beginning, but I also didn't buy a crazy combination of mods right away, toss them on without tuning, then come back later and ask for basic advice on how to deal with low boost/boost taper. You obviously have tons of money to burn by looking at all the mods you've already bought plus all the threads you are in talking about buying new, expensive mods. That's fine, but you could have so much more power with so much less money spent if you really took some time to do your homework. It just takes a little effort..both in terms of doing some homework and typing legibly.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I also didn't mention the Dynoflash 2-stage, because it's not really a 2-stage, switchable map. It's based off boost levels (i.e., 21psi = map 1, 24psi = map2), which means the ECU switches maps depending on the boost you run. It's not a switch you can flip or map you can select on some device like a piggyback. I would never recommend this to you, because I don't trust that you won't blow up your car.
I guess I was giving him a little more credit then he deserves? I don't think that the 2 stage flash would be a hard thing to use even if he has very basic knowledge.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well im sorry im not the typing king here. and im shore i can find a post of yours with a miss spelt word. not going to cause im not like that. i dont care if your typing is crazy. i help who i can when i can if i can. maby you should do the same instead of saying your stupid or something. you could of saved alot of time by saying i dont understand what your saying could you clear your question up a lil bit so i can help you where you need it.as for this map thing how do you switch it then if it is not like the utec where you got a switch 1 and 2 you push. and could this be done on a mail in or just a custom tune
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

No, you won't find any posts by me with horrendous spelling and grammar. "Miss spelt"?? Is that someone's name? Come on, man, seriously. If English is your 2nd language, or you are deaf (not an insult), then just let us know. One of the posted rules of this forum is that you are REQUIRED to type in proper english with proper spelling. I don't make this stuff up...

I already explained how the 2-stage flashes work. There is no switch, which is why I didn't recommend it for you. A flash is just a reprogramming of your ECU. There is no hardware, no piggyback, no switch, no nothing. The Dynoflash 2-stage works by auto-switching based off your boost levels.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

No, you won't find any posts by me with horrendous spelling and grammar. "Miss spelt"?? Is that someone's name? Come on, man, seriously. If English is your 2nd language, or you are deaf (not an insult), then just let us know. One of the posted rules of this forum is that you are REQUIRED to type in proper english with proper spelling. I don't make this stuff up...

then this forum would be empty

I already explained how the 2-stage flashes work. There is no switch, which is why I didn't recommend it for you. A flash is just a reprogramming of your ECU. There is no hardware, no piggyback, no switch, no nothing. The Dynoflash 2-stage works by auto-switching based off your boost levels.
so it works off boost. like at wot it switches its self to a more agresive map cause it see more boost? rong right?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
so it works off boost. like at wot it switches its self to a more agresive map cause it see more boost? rong right?
Basically, yes. If you are set to 24psi, it would trigger the race gas tune, for example. If you are set to 21psi, it will just default to your daily driving tune.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

think i got it. if i run 94 oct at 21 psi then thats what the flash will run. if i turn the boost up to 24 psi the flash will see this and make a switch in maps. now as you said befor if i get a flash i DO not need a mbc. BUT if i get this 2 stage will i need 1 to change my boost for a different map settings. if not then how do i change boost. the only thing i can think of is less led in the foot.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, in this case, you would need an MBC, and you would also have to make sure you never run the higher boost unless you were using race gas, because the more aggressive map will be too lean.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

well im shoting for 21 22 psi on 94 oct and 24 25 on 110oct if the tune/car can handle it without harm.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I do, but I tune for race gas using my SAFC on top of my flash, not by relying on a 2-stage flash.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Come on Warrtalon, she was that other female in that game CLUE. Wait... no, that was Miss Scarlett. Hmmmm??
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
With EcuTek, you'd have to pay every time you want to get your car retuned, right? Sure, it has switchable maps, but with the ECU+, you'd get unlimited maps and you can tune the car yourself whenever you add a new mod. On top of that, the ECU+ is cheaper than EcuTek by a small amount if you're willing to solder the wiring harness yourself.

Check out the forum here and at ecuplus.com for sure. Even has a really good in-car dyno feature. It's definitely going to be my next mod... you could even Dynoflash first to get some things like the rev-limiter removed, and supplement it with ECU+ tuning. I will be using it in conjunction with my WORKS P2.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

ECU+ is great, but it requires intricate tuning knowledge. I do not believe this is best for Evodan.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with warrtalon... MBC and sorry to seem at all bashing, but that is some of the worst spelling i've ever scene.... NJ in duh hizouse
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ECU+ is great, but it requires intricate tuning knowledge. I do not believe this is best for Evodan.
I wonder then if it's not best for me. I have 0 tuning knowledge. On the ECU+ website, Tom's got some pretty good basic info for how to get started without risking detonation, so I thought that it would be a reasonable start...