Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Crashed the Evo 2nite... :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long had you been driving before you crashed, a couple miles or longer? It seems that most people aren't giving the Advans enough time to warm up before pushing them. Riding a motorcycle gives you a idea on how important it is to get your tires up to operating temperature before riding even remotely aggressive.

Sorry to hear about the car man, I don't know what I would do if I crashed my MR.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks. At least you seem to realize your mistakes. Lesson learned.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:22 PM

yea definiitely lesson learned....and it wasnt about lettin the tires warm up the ground was wet and i was passin by a car wash and the ground was just soked with water....it jus blows u kno cuz im gonna drive this car and knowing that its already had work done to it...but i guess i shouldnt mind soo much hopefully since everything will be replace...HOPEFULLY....No bondo on this baby.. hehe
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, that's bad news... but there is a good side to all of this. Please do not take this the wrong way, but this may be a blessing!!!! You have the chance of upgrading to aftermarket parts since you have to replace them all anyway. Anyway, best of luck to you, hope things go all in your favor.

Jerry
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

crashing an 06? NICE! the evo isnt invincible
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DevilsEvo666
Yes unfortunately being the dumbass that i am decided to go around a turn a lil too quickly on wet ground and of course the slide started left and right and then sideswiping the all mighty magical telephone pole...
That sucks. The first slide is generally easy to correct...but then people tend to hold on the opposite lock too long and that just throws you into another slide (a.k.a., fishtailing). It takes quite a bit of experience with powerful RWD or AWD cars before you can get comfortable with managing serious oversteer.

Originally Posted by Ronin17
It seems that most people aren't giving the Advans enough time to warm up before pushing them.
DevilsEvo666 lives in Massachusetts. If he's on stock Advans in this weather, he's already in big trouble!

Emre
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Weekly crashed evo thread, sorry to hear =|
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

ahhh, can you hear that?...

...that's the sound of everyone's insurance climbing that much higher.

that sux; depending on how much is wrong with the engine, it might be totalled. Replacing almost the whole body on the evo is mucho dinero.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Atleast you're alright.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:07 AM

i feel ya bro....i totalled my evo on christmas night. me and my cousin went out for a drive on azusa canyon and i went into a turn too fast so i came out swerving. i was trying to correct the car for a good 125 yards then hit on the right into an embankment then into the mtn. my evo flipped and landed on the drivers side roof before landing upright. Praise God i survived. bascially my front end is gone, the wing snapped off, along with the whole frame being contorted......my insurance said it's pretty much totalled. i'm glad that at least your evo can be fixed....glad you're ok. i'm lucky...i walked away from my evo with a big bump on the head, some scrapes, and neck pain.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gt5oh
Weekly crashed evo thread, sorry to hear =|
My insurance company said that it would cost considerably MORE to insure a new Evo than a new Corvette.

Those old guys in their Vettes don't crash much.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
DevilsEvo666 lives in Massachusetts. If he's on stock Advans in this weather, he's already in big trouble!
Emre
Agree... This cannot be overstated... Advans are horrible in cold weather! I know the last thing some new owners want to do is drop major $$ on tires right after a big car purchase, but in my opinion, an EVO should never be driven in freezing temps or snow on the Advans.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

hey , it wasnt cold last nite 50'F ...
hehe where did u hit exactly ? I90 exit ramp ?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gunnerman
i feel ya bro....i totalled my evo on christmas night. me and my cousin went out for a drive on azusa canyon and i went into a turn too fast so i came out swerving. i was trying to correct the car for a good 125 yards then hit on the right into an embankment then into the mtn. my evo flipped and landed on the drivers side roof before landing upright. Praise God i survived. bascially my front end is gone, the wing snapped off, along with the whole frame being contorted......my insurance said it's pretty much totalled. i'm glad that at least your evo can be fixed....glad you're ok. i'm lucky...i walked away from my evo with a big bump on the head, some scrapes, and neck pain.
Glad you are okay. Praise God you didn't hurt anyone. Lots of MOTORCYCLISTS on the PUBLIC streets to be aware of. Think about it.

Quick Reply: Crashed the Evo 2nite... :(