Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To All That Bought a IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would have gotten an MR last 12/04 that I bought my GSR but my mind was set on the EBlue, so I got the one w/ SSL instead...now, if the MR only comes in EBlue too, that'll be a a no brainer for me
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Madison
^^^used '05 MRs are still going for $30k+ in many locations.

They're also the only limited production evo, supply and demand.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
sorry for OT, but...res04, which rear sway bar are you running and how has it affected the handling balance? more or less oversteer/understeer? thx.
Perrin, set on middle. Nice piece, its sold by 3 vendors under different names.
tiny wee bit of oversteer when pushed very hard (I have the Swift MR springs installed too FYI) nothing that cant be corrected. I HIGHLY suggest this piece for MR owners stock springs or Swift MR springs.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
Having owned performance Mitsubishi cars for decades, I can tell you that anyone buying a Mitsubishi for resale value is sorely misguided. I personally bought a GG non-MR IX with SSL because I like a sunroof and I can make the car go a whole lot faster by spending the extra money on better than MR performance parts.
Evo in general has a very good resale value. Anything else from the make does not.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrSmile
Having owned performance Mitsubishi cars for decades, I can tell you that anyone buying a Mitsubishi for resale value is sorely misguided. I personally bought a GG non-MR IX with SSL because I like a sunroof and I can make the car go a whole lot faster by spending the extra money on better than MR performance parts.
With 3-year-old 03s still selling for 22-23k, I think you're wrong in this case. Then, take a limited-production MR, and you should have even better resale value.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It no longer is exclusive as of the 06s. Now that regular non-MRs are made in GG, it can't be considered exclusive. You used to know that when you saw GG, it was definitely an MR. Now, it's just another color...

Hes right, its not exclusive anymore its a very common color now
Old Dec 29, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

I think it sux Mitsubishi released GG for non MR's.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

I went into a dealership looking for a WW IX w/o SSL and they only had one with SSL. The only cars that didn't have SSL were Black, Red and GG. My mom has taken a liking to the GG but I didn't want it because I believe it to be a MR only color so it didn't feel rite to me. Call me a stubborn person but that's what i felt. White MR were there too but...yeah...back up car. If I can get it for invoice or lower I don't think I'll have a problem...but then again "hah! good luck!" rite?

BTW thanks for the replies. Very insightful. Even the OT convos lol
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
gsr is not a usdm model
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

And yet people still use it to define the Str8. Even tho the GSR has S-AYC in Japan many reffer to the US spec as a GSR.

The IX GT is minus the Mg Comp house, Ti-turbo (i think?), and Bilstein shox. But it's still the closest to the US spec model. So for the IX, at least, shouldn't it be called the Evolution IX GT? Just wondering.