Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The perils of having small children and a EVO!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
I have 4 children and 3 are under the age of 6!! Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO Little innocent handprints all over and what looks like chisel marks even a little paint is scratche!!

Add this to the 2" scratch on the lower passenger door from 3yr old that THREW small wrench and hit the car while I was putting on a intake and mini battery kit.

I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!! So, the lesson learned is it's just a car and it's going to get damaged. Have a great New Year!!
Sorry to hear about that man. Inspite of your misfortunes it is pretty cool that other "evo daddy's" share the same experiences that I do. I have 3 young children as well and have grown fond of the little fingerprints on my rear doors and windows.

You sir are correct, although I love my evo, it is just a car.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 4 children and 3 are under the age of 6!! Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO Little innocent handprints all over and what looks like chisel marks even a little paint is scratche!!

Add this to the 2" scratch on the lower passenger door from 3yr old that THREW small wrench and hit the car while I was putting on a intake and mini battery kit.

I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!! So, the lesson learned is it's just a car and it's going to get damaged. Have a great New Year!!

I dont think I can offer any sympathy to you because when I'm working on my car I would not let my child near it unsupervised. Yes children dont know any better, leave them alone, expect thing to get damaged.

I learned my lesson from a long time ago when I let my toddler brother play near me when I was working on the family van. The little kid took a rock and threw it thru the window and shattered everything. none the less I found a replacement glass from the junkyard for like $200...

$200 which could have been spent somewhere else....

supervise your kids
Old Dec 29, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He was supervised he was with ME!!! He just happened to pick up a wrench and wham, but yes he didn't know any better. Kids are great there are joys in life you CANNOT experience without being a father/mother, but needless to say I don't work on the car with them around anymore because of this little incident.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

He was supervised he was with ME!!! He just happened to pick up a wrench and wham, but yes he didn't know any better. Kids are great there are joys in life you CANNOT experience without being a father/mother, but needless to say I don't work on the car with them around anymore because of this little incident.

I hope i didnt come across harsh. true little kids can bring joy, but at times they can be little devils and just look for trouble.

I'll never forget the look and reaction on my brothers face when the glass on the car shattered into like a zillion pieces. He jumped from where he was standing and ran away...lo and behold he couldnt run very far.... he knew he was in BIG trouble.

but anyhows true, the EVO is only a car, but when I'm working on my pride and joy, I keep the kids as far away as possible.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Just hope they don't figure out the gas filler door. My favorite performance additives as a young man were army men and sugar (or dirt). YUM
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
love it whenever my 5 y/o daughter in her car seat always tell me not to drive too fast whenever I get a chance to step on it from a stop....my co-worker finds it cool to have a cool car w/ a car seat in the back...only person who caused a minor damage to my door was my mom banging the door sill against another car parked beside mine
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I am sorry about your damages however I have 2 kids 8 and 3 and the garage is off limits even to the wife.I have made it clear the garage is only for the evo and soo far soo good hahaha goodluch tho
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Well I have a 3 and 7 year old girl. My 7 year old knows to close the doors from the outside by pushing the door handle (as does my woman). The 3 year old kinda understands to be careful around the outside of the car, but the inside....... the rear driver's side window looks like someone was kidnapped and tried to escape(like a horror movie with all the finger prints). The other day she did trot on the car with her little plastic horse, but not hard enough to do damage. I just asked her nicely to be careful and was sure not to be mean. Fries and Sippie cup spillage all the time though. Still, I get 4 door conveniance with sports car performance. Also they both tell me "Daddy go fast !!" But the most I do is an ok launch to about 60 mph. Don't want to risk it with them in the car. One time I got pulled over for taking a few turns like a madman. The WOMAN cop looked in the backseat, saw the baby seat, and asked if I drive like that with the baby in the car. To which I said "No way!" People always say smart *** comments at the track when I have the baby seat in the back. I love it though.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

I feel your pain bro. I have a 3 year old and my wife treats her car like crap so when she rides along in my Evo she will leave paper and crap all in the passanger door, floorboard, she spills her drink on the center console. We have been round and round about it. Now both wife and child are only allowed to have water in the Evo and nothing else lol. I even make my daughter take her shoes off before she gets in the car seat so she won't rub them on the back of my seats. LOL, Im **** about my car, but I fear it's a losing battle.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8act
I am sorry about your damages however I have 2 kids 8 and 3 and the garage is off limits even to the wife.I have made it clear the garage is only for the evo and soo far soo good hahaha goodluch tho

My girl understands how well I take care of my car. Whenever we go out I always ask, how's the parking like at "X" destination. If its not up to my expectations, I'll either ride with a buddy or find some other means of transportation....

I'd rather go thru taking someone elses car or taking public transportation, than to have to be in a mall somewhere, or even in a neighborhood where I'll have to worry about someone bumping into it.

Guess what?

I saw a new 06 BMW 3 series today which was already banged up..... pass side mirror was hanging off the side, and the rear quarter panel had a nice gouge in it...

sucks for the owner....
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by poormansracecar
the rear driver's side window looks like someone was kidnapped and tried to escape(like a horror movie with all the finger prints).
hahahaha. I can relate to that
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

i dont have kids yet, but to the younger college crowd, note to self: dont take the evo out partying. but light is not the best car scent with the touch of 2am taco bell on the floor.

but one of these days ill be in that spot, hopefully by then the evo wagon does come out, that would be sweet!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoEvoL
i dont have kids yet, but to the younger college crowd, note to self: dont take the evo out partying. but light is not the best car scent with the touch of 2am taco bell on the floor.
One of those nights, huh? lol
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

hahah nice!! a bunch of evo dad's i got a 2/6/7 yr olds and there are lots of fingerprints inside the windows specially when its a little fogged up.as much as they like to volunteer to help all i do is give them a towel so they can just polish it instead of making damages to it
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoEvoL
Anytime anyone of my friends is hurting that bad after a night out, I make them ride with someone else. They couldnt even get their head out the window for you at least? Ouch! Hope the clean up went smoothly!

Quick Reply: The perils of having small children and a EVO!!