Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The perils of having small children and a EVO!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
I have 4 children and 3 are under the age of 6!! Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO Little innocent handprints all over and what looks like chisel marks even a little paint is scratche!!

Add this to the 2" scratch on the lower passenger door from 3yr old that THREW small wrench and hit the car while I was putting on a intake and mini battery kit.

I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!! So, the lesson learned is it's just a car and it's going to get damaged. Have a great New Year!!
Man you've been busy.
I guess I've been lucky but the wife and kids know how particular Dad is about his car. Mine are 3 and 5, they are actually good when it comes to the car. When I brought home the car for the first time my son was 3, he came out side and said Dad got a Batmobile. It stuck ever since, they enjoy me picking them up in the afternoon, and they often ask to hit the turbo Dad on the way home. All they know is they enjoy the jolt when you mash it to the floor. I have to oblige them every now and then; I enjoy the smile it gives them when we take off.

Better luck to you next year.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

My daughter likes to look out the back window, ahe gets a kick out of the wind in her face... at 120mph
Old Dec 30, 2005, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

take their mother's car when carting them around. no food rules would be nice, but hard to implement since mcdonalds drive through is such an easy way to shut them up.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by byron3636
take their mother's car when carting them around. no food rules would be nice, but hard to implement since mcdonalds drive through is such an easy way to shut them up.
I wish I could do that all the time, but sometimes me and my wife work opposite shifts. I just put my 1yr old in the back, and let the wind blow in her face. She loves it!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by SoEvoL
i dont have kids yet, but to the younger college crowd, note to self: dont take the evo out partying. but light is not the best car scent with the touch of 2am taco bell on the floor...
Not just a note to college kids; younger soldiers have the same problem. Only we also get to deal with creepy crawlies that stick to us, hide in the car and then surprise us a couple days later while taking the woman out. Needless to say she wasn't overly impressed nor did I get any that night.

Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO
Vermin....classic.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 99AllTurbo
Sell the kids or the car?
Thats what I was thinking! haha
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

my 2 older girls 6 and 3 love the evo, when they get to ride in it they are always going woooooo every time they hear the turbo spool and they throw there hands up in the air like a roller coaster ride..haha...its really cute.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

my gf's son(6) loves it when i "cut" other people meaning going infront of them like cutting a line. sometimes he'll even be like "that was a good cut"

he nicknamed my car "super" and the day i got it i told him it was a race car, just painted black.