Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The perils of having small children and a EVO!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The perils of having small children and a EVO!!

I have 4 children and 3 are under the age of 6!! Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO Little innocent handprints all over and what looks like chisel marks even a little paint is scratche!!

Add this to the 2" scratch on the lower passenger door from 3yr old that THREW small wrench and hit the car while I was putting on a intake and mini battery kit.

I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!! So, the lesson learned is it's just a car and it's going to get damaged. Have a great New Year!!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, when you factor in the wife and kids, its gonna get messy, i guess it just comes with the territory, but thats so cool to me, a family man owning an evo instead of lets say a camry etc. You rock!

PS - your kids will soak up everything you do when theyre with you, so drive very responsibly when theyre in the car, you dont want to leave any lasting negative impressions in their head that "daddy was a speed demon so its ok for me to speed when i grow up" Im sure you drive carefully anyway, just givin you the heads up
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

No doubt about that! I try to minimize excursions with the kids while driving the EVO I prefer to take the minivan. They do think dad's car is "That's a cool car dad!", but kids are awesome I highly recommend having them!!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

If you want something to cherish, wait until ALL the kids are grown and have moved out, Then buy it! I have 3 kids under 9, with the twins being 7. my car has accumulated 3-4" of stuff on the floor boards, and I am affraid If I have to hit the brakes hard, a happy meal toy, or a barbie doll will get hung up under the brake pedal! But then again, you have an EVO! I tell people I got it to keep the kids in their seat!!!!!Use the HP bro, you'll be fine! so far, no dings or scratches!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
My kids have dropped a bicycle against the side of my Evo and left a scooter in the driveway that I ran over (left a very large scratch that required repainting), but I wouldn't trade either. Given the choice of riding in the Evo or SUV, they always choose the Evo just like their dad! Like you said, "it's just a car and it's going to get damaged" but I still cringe every tme it happens.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

EVO 9 Wagon!!!! Perfect!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just wait for the Evo IX Wagon.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

put him up for adoption. j/k
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeEater
EVO 9 Wagon!!!! Perfect!!!!
You beat me to it.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:15 PM

Don't worry about it. The car's going to get damaged at sometime during its life span. damage can come in many forms, wether it be by accident, vandals or little kids. Just take some precautionary measures and you'll be OK. There is only so much you can do to prevent dings and scratches. I should know, I have two little kids of my own, but they are not the ones causing the dings on my car! Enjoy the car.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

I sanded my dad's car once, when I was 4. We were sanding a playhouse and I made my way into the garage still holding the sand paper. I proceeded to sand his car and it had to be completely repainted. My dad said he didn't get mad because I was so proud of the job I did. I still haven't heard the end of it 14 years later.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
I sanded my dad's car once, when I was 4. We were sanding a playhouse and I made my way into the garage still holding the sand paper. I proceeded to sand his car and it had to be completely repainted. My dad said he didn't get mad because I was so proud of the job I did. I still haven't heard the end of it 14 years later.

I would BEAT your ***! At least your dad was cool about it. Parenting skills at it's finest. The world could use more of those. Don't expect to get away with it again tho
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!!
Sell the kids or the car?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

My EVO is black, when it gets dirty..... You see tiny little finger prints all over the car. It even has an Xmen mark (assuming my kid used a rock) on the back door on the driver side. I wanted to cry.................................
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
I have 4 children and 3 are under the age of 6!! Well, somehow the little vermin chipped one of my brand new EVO IX tails I just bought for my EVO Little innocent handprints all over and what looks like chisel marks even a little paint is scratche!!

Add this to the 2" scratch on the lower passenger door from 3yr old that THREW small wrench and hit the car while I was putting on a intake and mini battery kit.

I might sell and just wait until their older very disappointed!! So, the lesson learned is it's just a car and it's going to get damaged. Have a great New Year!!
I see a quarterback in the making. ;p Or if it was a girl a really good softball pitcher. hahaha

Sorry about the damages.

Quick Reply: The perils of having small children and a EVO!!