Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

good dealers in chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andenbre
talk to Bill Hughes at Shaffer mitsu in Merrillville IN. 25 min from downtown
219 736 2277
they gave me a good deal on my mr without a fight
Ive heard alot of bad about luxury motors also
I bought my oz from max madson also, good experiance
I got a buddy that bought his evo from luxury and hasn't had any issues. What have you heard bad about them.
BTW got mine from Max Madsen aurora paid sticker price out the door and service manager always has something to say about my lumpy idle but I still have my warranty. Salesman was Orlando
Old Dec 30, 2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
I got a buddy that bought his evo from luxury and hasn't had any issues. What have you heard bad about them.
BTW got mine from Max Madsen aurora paid sticker price out the door and service manager always has something to say about my lumpy idle but I still have my warranty. Salesman was Orlando
Orlando took care of me too. Inflated my trade by $2.5k+ (that was enough to seal the deal as far as I was concerned), knocked $1k off sticker, and threw free details in as well. They are very up front about mods, and what they will let you get away with. Only one thing I didn't appreciate, but minor.

I would probably buy a car from Luxury if the price was right, but for some odd reason I was just not impressed by them when I was shopping. They are 5 minutes from me, and I chose to drive 40 minutes instead, that's how strong the "vibe" was I suppose.

I would find at least two dealers whoever they are, and start dealing with both, and make them compete. If I had more time , I would have done that.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen some of the "quality" used cars luxury has sold customers and lets just say I if i couldent trust a used car from them why give them my new car buisness.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:11 PM

Bought mine from Max Madsen in Aurora. Great service ppl there. Had my aftermarket intercooler pipe blow off from my intercooler one day when I was "driving" by and they took it in and reattached it and got me back out the door and didn't even charge me for anything. I know its not a big deal but some places might have said that they wouldnt touch it because it wasnt stock.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 19psi
Ok guys, I have sold my evo 8 back in feb 05 ( I know, dumb move and have been regretting ever since) and I am looking into buying a evo 9.
I've tried Libertyville mitsu and the internet sales manager is a dick. I cant recall his name.
I am looking for a reputable dealer. Any recommendations on which dealer to go to?
I went to Luxury motors in Orland Park and saw some incredible prices but I want to know how good their service is.
Thanks for the help guys.
Alot of people post negative things about the dealership, but it's one of the fastest growing and is number #5 in the nation in internet sales, so they can't be all bad.

I bought a 05' Black EVO there that had a little wear, but I also paid a 03' price too. I drove a black 06' their also and just couldn't justify the extra money on once . The GG MR in the showroom was freaking gorgeous though....this was on 11/5 ask for Rick Bower great guy and he even sent me a Xmas card tell him John sent you.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:17 PM

I bought my evo back in July from Brian at Schaumburg Mitsu. Very nice guy. I think the service department manager (Roy) is a dick, and will fight you for warranty work. I now take my car to Biggers for service in Elgin which are much better, even though they are owned by the same guy (I heard).