Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

First time testing driving Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fusionchicken
i'm still working my *** off for the evo, dang it why can't i just be like you and transfer to the Evo right after i drove it >_<
Actually, I went to buy another car, So I had the money ready beforehand. I didn't know that much about the evo and didn't like the looks either. But when I drove it, the rest was history.

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
the evo is seriously one hell of a car. this is one of those nights, where i'm depressed because i saw someone else on the street driving an Evo, and i got reminded that i dont drive one yet. sh*t.
I know, bro. But don't be down, coz the car will be much *sweeter* if you have waited long and anticipated! "Foreplay" before the real stuff.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jib
I currently drive a 350z and its a nice car, but after reading the forums and the mags about the Evo, and actually test driving it.. all i have to say is OMG. So much faster, and the handling is amazing, and u have your mother is the back seat and smoke so many cars, and the turbo ( first time driving a turbo and AWD car). Im gonna trade that Z in for that Evo IX. best performing car for the money.
i cant wait to start modding it also.
Welcome to the family
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jib
Im gonna trade that Z in for that Evo IX. best performing car for the money.
good idea
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jib
I currently drive a 350z and its a nice car, but after reading the forums and the mags about the Evo, and actually test driving it.. all i have to say is OMG. So much faster, and the handling is amazing, and u have your mother is the back seat and smoke so many cars, and the turbo ( first time driving a turbo and AWD car). Im gonna trade that Z in for that Evo IX. best performing car for the money.
i drove into the mitsu dealership with a 350Z Track and drove out with an Evo in 15 mins later,2 years ago
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

don't go crazy right away, just wait till you get to know the car better get just to it study it then star haveing fun with it,trust me!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jib

Excellent choice my man
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

i must say i love the 350 interior.... that's about it though.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

welcome aboard
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:52 AM
Jib

ty guys. ya the Z interior isnt that bad, but the damn thing ate my cd so i cant get it out.

anyone know any good evo tuner shops in the houston/ sugar land area?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

I just took some test drives recently.. took the new lexus IS out and it was just weak as hell in the steering department compared to the evo.. I just cant stand the feel of other cars anymore... driving the evo feels like you have a full loaded spring shot in your hands.. or your whole body is connected at every corner of the car. I wouldnt expect to find that feeling with any other car for the money that matches its speed.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

A little off target, but has anyone bought a separate ECU as a way of maintaining warranty. Have one flashed unit for you, one non-flashed stock unit for the dealer?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jib
Welcome to the family!

Let me know if you need a great deal on your first Evo!

Pm me for details!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the club. I remember my first test drive, like you said hooked. I'm suprised that the dealership don't give out more.

As far as the ECU I have not herd of anyone doing that. I think that the ECU is matched to the car so there is no swaping. I may be wrong can any one back me up on this.

If you wanted to go that route get a AEM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 AM
Jib

i thought the warranty would be voided if the problem was connected to the part that caused it? i mean on my Z, the dealer didnt even say a thing or didn't notice my mods on it, lucky for me.
even a "flash" would void it?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the evom!