Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how did you buy evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made 3 phonecalls to area dealers for prices, got a good deal over the phone. I went to the dealer about an hour later, signed the paperwork, we arranged financing and I drove it home.

No test drive needed. All I needed was a good price and someone to process the bank loan.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
^^
I also didn't drive my EVO until AFTER I signed the paper work.

I had already drivin' an 03 EVO and already knew it was the car I wanted.
All I did before signing the papers was checked the milage (only 8).

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Dec 31, 2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

wait i thought all this time the EVO was made by Ferrari, **** now im pissed.
and ya i bought mine w/o a test drive, and my father was the salesman. don't sweat it, you wont be disappointed.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Good grades, job, and loving parents!!!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i never actually drove mine until the day i purchased it...i drove plenty of friends evo's so i knew how it worked and what it did. Didn't need a test drive lol
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
lot of people here didn't need test drives
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iLLiVo
hey how old were you guys when you were actually able to purchase your evo?

Im 16 now and drive a 96 eclipse...kinda part of the DSM family...

I hope to find a good job so I can sell my eclipse and save up some money for a down payment on a ix within the next year or so. Not that I expect to get an evo when Im 16...hell even 17. May I ask what you guys do for your jobs/ how much do you make?
Purchased when 22, now 23 and I have a full time job as a mech. engineer.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:33 AM

I test drove my cousins Evo and loved the way it gripped and the way it wanted to be push harder and harder. The more you gas it, the more it wants to go. He bought his brand new off the showroom floor and didn't get a test drive either until he actually bought it.

As for my evo, I went to a private dealer and he had the car out at his house. Showed up with the wife, he said if I was serious enough I could take it out. I took it out on the country roads for a good 15 minutes. But it was a bad idea to take the wife along. *blah blah blah, stop this, stop that* so didn't get to really test the car out, but it felt good and the carfax turned out good.

Car was in mint condition. Also saved more $$$ by going through him. You can save a lot of money and a better chance of a test drive if you go through private sellers or smaller dealerships but there's also that risk of it being beaten up.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

basicly they wont let you test drive unless your serious about buying. i went numerous times by myself or with a friend. remind you we are both in our 20s they would talk to us about the car but wouldnt let us test drive. then when i went to go buy my evo8 gsr i went with my parents. i had a nice gentlemen help us let me and my father both try it out and then i ended up getting it that day.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by wolverinejoe80
noob here

well, i'm sick of my acura cls, and i decided to trade my car.

and i want evo!!!

but how da hell am i supposed to buy when the dealer won't let me test drive? At my local dealership, they won't let you test drive them unless you are going to actually BUY that specific one, that SAME day.

i was like WTF? by the way i'm 25 year old, not some 17 year old kid.

i hate the new STI because they fuwked up the nose, don't like 350z because it's 2 door. g35 coupe? maybe, but i'm trying to move away from luxo coupe.

seriously, evo is perfect for me, but the fuwkin dealer is acting like evo is ferrari or somethin.

how da hell did you guys buy your evos? you just walked in and bought them? did they let you test drive? where?
Damn, Bmore huh? Used to be at fort Meade , 2002-2004..........CLS huh, traded my 6 speed CL for the Evo IX, dont regret it a second,.......didnt drive it either, handles so much better AND shifts so much nicer,......have one of your friends give you a ride or maybe let you drive. Good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Didn't test drive either the 03' or the 06. Heck, I didn't even see the 06' until I drove to Memphis to pick it up.