Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO almost got rear-ended by a State Trooper....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why the first mod for your Evo should be a radar detector. It will keep your license intact and won't void your warranty.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

^good point. A few thousand later and I still don't have one.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by keevo54
It is harder for the officer to prove guilt as long as you have slowed down before he clocks you, so I say to press the brakes. With a radar they have to tag you for 3 seconds so you better beat them to it. You may be lucky and he may view it as a sign of respect for you slowing down knowing he was there. I use the e-brake if the cops are behind me but if they are clocking on the shoulder it is ABS, as long as no one is behind me. My ony complaint about the evo's wing is the added difficulty in spotting a cop car. In my old car I was able to identify the cop cars easily, but now their bumpers are split in half by the wing, so I cannot tell if it is a cop behind me.
For me, I just try my best to look for the light bar going across the roof of the cop car and try to look for the front end of the car to be shaped like a ford crown vic, or the chevy impala
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
This is why the first mod for your Evo should be a radar detector. It will keep your license intact and won't void your warranty.

yeah I already have one
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
For me, I just try my best to look for the light bar going across the roof of the cop car and try to look for the front end of the car to be shaped like a ford crown vic, or the chevy impala
I look for that but most of the cops around me have them on the top of their windshield on the inside of the car and most have fairly dark tint. But radar detector help and if you have a heavy foot a laser jammer is recommended.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Arent laser jammers illegal in most states?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

ive had this happen to me once, the cop came out of nowhere doing at least 85-90 on my bumper like he was glued to me, my car is loud so i didnt hear what he said at first but he was basically yelling to get out of the way on the loudspeaker and i slowed down because i thought i got caught speeding, sure enough i pull to the next lane and he flies by and the passenger cop gave a real mean look...haha
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
but are they Ligal?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

depends on what state. VA =NO
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Smashing the Brakes was Stupid....shoulda let off and geared down...

yep, just like what he said, because you don't want to le tthe popo know you are braking hard. eitheryway you got lucky.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Your not going to pull it enough to lock your rear tires, but enough to slow down the car without triggering the brake lights. Use some common sense.
^^

exactly, who would slam up the E-brake. I use the e brake method often around cops,.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
depends on what state. VA =NO
but last year when I drove to VA, I had my radar/laser detector mounted in ful view but low on the windshield, close to the dash. I also had the lights set on its dimmest setting....

I only did this at night though ..... during the day I'll just put it in the glove box.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Exactly, you NEVER want to hit your brakes if you think a cop is around as it shows guilt. Let off the gas, downshift, and use your ebrake if you have to, to slow down.

Engaging the Ebrake can mess with the ACD.....don;twant to do that moving
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

I had a state trooper pull me over the other day it was actually Christmas eve. He gave me 4 tickets including one for having a DJ license ( Ive been 18 for 8 months), one for tints, one for no affixed front plate, one for speeding ( Im gonna nail this guy with profiling because he took the Red car out of a group of cars going the same speed and actually cut the guy off behind me to get to me.) This guy is going down. Im gonna fight til each and every one gets dismissed. My father used to be a lawyer that would tear these guys apart. Heres just one of the things were gonna get him with. My fathers gonna ask the trooper how far it was from the time he saw me to the time he pulled me over. When te troope says 2 miles for instance then we ask how long did it take to get to me well do a little quick math and find out how fast he was traveling which was for sure in excess of 110. Then well ask what qualification he has to do 110 weaving to get an 85 in a 55 driver. Woww hes gonna get it.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
I had a state trooper pull me over the other day it was actually Christmas eve. He gave me 4 tickets including one for having a DJ license ( Ive been 18 for 8 months), one for tints, one for no affixed front plate, one for speeding ( Im gonna nail this guy with profiling because he took the Red car out of a group of cars going the same speed and actually cut the guy off behind me to get to me.) This guy is going down. Im gonna fight til each and every one gets dismissed. My father used to be a lawyer that would tear these guys apart. Heres just one of the things were gonna get him with. My fathers gonna ask the trooper how far it was from the time he saw me to the time he pulled me over. When te troope says 2 miles for instance then we ask how long did it take to get to me well do a little quick math and find out how fast he was traveling which was for sure in excess of 110. Then well ask what qualification he has to do 110 weaving to get an 85 in a 55 driver. Woww hes gonna get it.

Good luck with Profiling....

Quick Reply: EVO almost got rear-ended by a State Trooper....