Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO almost got rear-ended by a State Trooper....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
Arent laser jammers illegal in most states?
http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...ector-laws.asp
Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado and Washington DC.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
I had a state trooper pull me over the other day it was actually Christmas eve. He gave me 4 tickets including one for having a DJ license ( Ive been 18 for 8 months), one for tints, one for no affixed front plate, one for speeding ( Im gonna nail this guy with profiling because he took the Red car out of a group of cars going the same speed and actually cut the guy off behind me to get to me.) This guy is going down. Im gonna fight til each and every one gets dismissed. My father used to be a lawyer that would tear these guys apart. Heres just one of the things were gonna get him with. My fathers gonna ask the trooper how far it was from the time he saw me to the time he pulled me over. When te troope says 2 miles for instance then we ask how long did it take to get to me well do a little quick math and find out how fast he was traveling which was for sure in excess of 110. Then well ask what qualification he has to do 110 weaving to get an 85 in a 55 driver. Woww hes gonna get it.
I hate to tell you but I think your case is going to be harder to defend then you think. You say he was profiling by pulling the red car over. He will say he saw you speeding and your tint was dark, possibly that when you initially went by he did not see the front liscence plate. The fact that you are going to attempt to ask the officer how long it took him to catch you is crazy because you just concede that you are speeding. Then you are going to say the officer was reckless by catching speeders because there was a lot of traffic. Hmmm you are the one going 85 in a 55 but he has the right and duty to pull you over(I will assume him speeding is a little safer because he had sirens on and rarely do officers weave through traffic; they normally stay in the fast lane and only pass on the right if someone does not get over)
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Pulling the E-brake while in motion disengages the center diff in the Evo.

When in motion -and especially if you need to loose some speed inconspicuously- using the E-brake -with button depressed AT ALL TIMES- is perfectly acceptable and will not damage the car in any way.

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Engaging the Ebrake can mess with the ACD.....don;twant to do that moving
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

ok thanx for the correction
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Idrinkv8, its not like you were a victim of some hate crime. The tickets you got were all legit and you want to screw the cop over because hes doing his job?? Thats just wrong man

Last edited by Evolved Monkey; Jan 3, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

close call buddy
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Red face

Originally Posted by keevo54
I hate to tell you but I think your case is going to be harder to defend then you think. You say he was profiling by pulling the red car over. He will say he saw you speeding and your tint was dark, possibly that when you initially went by he did not see the front liscence plate. The fact that you are going to attempt to ask the officer how long it took him to catch you is crazy because you just concede that you are speeding. Then you are going to say the officer was reckless by catching speeders because there was a lot of traffic. Hmmm you are the one going 85 in a 55 but he has the right and duty to pull you over(I will assume him speeding is a little safer because he had sirens on and rarely do officers weave through traffic; they normally stay in the fast lane and only pass on the right if someone does not get over)

It may be his duty to pull me over but let me tell you I used to watch my father teach the cops how to drive at floyd bennett field, and what they teach them there puts them in no way shape or form ready to drive at speeds inexcess of 110 just because they have some lights on. I know you may think i have no case with profiling but youll see. Whether i had an affixed plate on the front or not it wouldnt matter because he stated that the reason he pulled me ove was for speeding. the other three tickets were for things tht he realized when he got to me.(tints, plate, license.) The guy was a little arrogant little ***** who was compensating for his migetness by giving out tickets on Christmas eve. Oh not to mention my father was in his caravan traveling at the same speed as me next to me and when the cop saw that he could cut off the guy behind my dad, he cut off the guy behind me almost hitting me.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I was driving out late last night to see my girl.....I was leaving from a Honda meet out on LI and headed out to I 80 in NJ.

I found some open stretch of road and decided to accelerate a bit and at 80-90+ all of a sudden I see a pair of non-hid headlights gain on me real quick so I immediately hit the brakes real hard to slow down to 60-70..... since from past exerience only cops would gain on you like that.

anyhow I decided to slow down real quick in case the cop wanted to tag me on his radar...

Low and behold he gets close to my bumper and I see the light bars across his roof and he gets on my tail and blares his horn, turns on his sirens and then I moved over so that he can a) pass me or b) pull me over.

To my luck, he just wanted me to get out of the way and he sped off into the distance.

My heart sure was pounding at the moment.... all i wanna say is that got lucky cuz I was about to pull even more.....

The point is if you drive fast be alert of whats going on around you.... cops love to sneak up on speeding motorists....
damn lucky on a few things
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

he should of turned on his lights in the first place whether he was gonna pull u over or not.

i drive on NJ's highways a lot... i never stay on the far left.. always the 2nd to the left and the majority of the time i see cops fly right by me on the left
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...ector-laws.asp
Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado and Washington DC.
WEAK! OH yeah.....i'm screwed now...
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
Phenix, its not like you were a victim of some hate crime. The tickets you got were all legit and you want to screw the cop over because hes doing his job?? Thats just wrong man
I think you're yellin at the wrong person there....

Maybe you're referring to IDRINKV8?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Uh huh, I do think ya got the wrong person buddy
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

lol K. Good I'm not crazy. ;p
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

o my bad....sory for not paying attention
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my old boss made a state trooper run in bak of him said the cop started tailgating to get him 2 speed up 2 get a ticket so he jst hit his brakes and the cop hit him then he sued the cop for the damage btw he had like a 94 gmc jimmy

Quick Reply: EVO almost got rear-ended by a State Trooper....