Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help with mini battery install

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Need help with mini battery install

I tried calling Buscher but they are closed today so I figured I would ask for help here. I have one of their mini battery kits that come with the Oddesy battery and have a couple problems Im running into. It didn't come with any instructions either.

First I can't get the battery tray to lay flat. It is tilted toward the engine as you can see in the picture. Im not sure if I should take it off and try beating the angle piece more or if I did something wrong.

Then I cant get the positive cable to reach. Like I said it didn't come with any instructions so I might be missing something obvious thats way I thought I would ask for some help. Im going to try to get some pictures posted so be patient .
Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are some crappy pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails Need help with mini battery install-mini.jpg   Need help with mini battery install-mini2.jpg   Need help with mini battery install-mini3.jpg   Need help with mini battery install-mini4.jpg  
Old Jan 1, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I got mine I bolted down the plate and put the battery in and it layed flat, not angled like yours. I was thinking that maybe one of your battery tie downs might not be flush on the bottom of the plate. The only hard thing is that I un-did one of the battery cable clamps that holds the cables and then all I did was stretch the cable and place it on the battery. Keep in mind that the cable is going to be tight but oh well it will be fine. Hope that helps you out.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NIevo
Then I cant get the positive cable to reach. Like I said it didn't come with any instructions so I might be missing something obvious thats way I thought I would ask for some help. Im going to try to get some pictures posted so be patient .
Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
the positive cable is going to be tight , but it looks like the bottom angled plate (pic 4) - is the correct way. its just the battery try doesnt look installed correctly. or the plate to the tray...
Old Jan 3, 2006, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I found the post

Make sure one of the tie down bolts isn't touching underneath the tray. It looks like something is hold it up.

The cable need to be taken loose, it is held in by quite a few connectors and they need to be popped loose so you can get it to reach and be "relaxed". Once you pop them loose it fits right in.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com