Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Burning/hot smell after Injen intake install

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burning/hot smell after Injen intake install

Hey guys just like the title says. I installed my injen intake with UICP and my boost gauge and after kinda running it hard not to redline or anything kinda smells like something is burning or even like a hot smell. Could this be my exhaust or the oil on the intake pipe and UICP from my hands burning off? My car has 1500 miles on it so i thought it might either be the exhaust or the oil off the pipes from installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

matt
Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New part= stinky smell for a couple days, if still there investigate further. I say NORMAL for now!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

that is what i was thinking honestly but just kinda wanted to be sure. i know that New exhaust will smell bad but never had an issue with an intake before thanks for the reply!!

Matt
Old Dec 31, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

I would assume its just the new materials heating up for the first time. Like smoked said, if it persists for a long time, I'd get it looked at. New pipes always smell "nice" for a few days or a week or so - depending on how much you drive that is.