Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HID Kit installed on Evo IX.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Kit installed on Evo IX.

I installed my HID kit 5300k from hidplace, today. The write up on the "how to install" thread was pretty accurate, both were. The only thing I noticed with the Evo IX is you HAVE to remove the intercooler screen screws, which are connected to the Evo's frame.

To locate these screws, they are on the front of the bumper, where you have to pop out the tiny cover to get to the 10mm screw. You will need an extension to reach the screws. If you have a license plate, you will have to take it off to reach the screw.

Install took me about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, by myself and being a perfectionist. As for the 5300k kit, it definately brightens up the road. Honestly, I wish they were a tad bit more blue, but the 5300k kit do not look "rice" at all! It may not even matter if I got the 6000k kit, because the halogen projector on the IX seems like it wouldn't make a big difference. BUT I could be wrong. The lights fireup more on the bluish side then whiten up. Maybe next time I'll try the 6000k.

Overall I'd give the overall Hids and install a 9 out of 10. 9, because I wish they were a tad bit more blue, and because you have to take off the whole bumper . Nonetheless, I am happy! Standing from afar, you can definatley notice the headlights are not stock and it has a slight blue/purplish tint at certain angles, while looking/passing the car.

If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask!

Last edited by dakind916; Jan 1, 2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

did u take any pics?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

werd on pics
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

cant wait till i get my 8000k kit soon hehe
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Psss.. Hey buddy, what happened to the pics?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Psss.. Hey buddy, what happened to the pics?
I was borrowing my friends garage and I started pretty late and I didn't want to take longer taking pics and whatnot. I also didn't want to take pics, because the 2 other write-ups on "how to install" are the same procedures for the IX. Except for the location of the intercooler screen that you must take off.

But if anyone has questions or needs help please ask.

On another note, how far did you get your hid bulb to fit in the headlight housing??? The stock bulb, fits right in...you put it in then turn to lock. BUT the HID bulb didn't want to do that. It just went in the lowbeam slot; it fit snug but it didnt want to turn, to lock!

So, did anyone get there's to turn and lock or did it just fit snug in the slot???

Thanks again, sorry guys/gals for not taking pics. I can take pics of how the light looks after and my engine bay setup, later.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dakind916
I
On another note, how far did you get your hid bulb to fit in the headlight housing??? The stock bulb, fits right in...you put it in then turn to lock. BUT the HID bulb didn't want to do that. It just went in the lowbeam slot; it fit snug but it didnt want to turn, to lock!

So, did anyone get there's to turn and lock or did it just fit snug in the slot???

Thanks again, sorry guys/gals for not taking pics. I can take pics of how the light looks after and my engine bay setup, later.
I just installed a Techone 9006 8000k hid kit for my IX. Mine went in and I pushed in and turned it so it would lock.

I also took pix with one side HID and one side OEM halogens. Since digi cameras cant really capture true quality or color. I took the same picture with different shutter speeds to show the beam pattern/scatter, etc. I will post later tonite hopefully.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
no pix? whack
Old Jan 7, 2006, 04:14 PM
Account Disabled

So all you have to do is swap out the bulbs? Or do you need to add extra stuff?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 01:22 AM

Do you mind posting up some pics? I'm debating to either get the 5300k or the 6000k, but I've read that using 6000k gives up some visibility. Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

FYI - 5300K is roughly the color of the OEM Nissan HIDs.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:43 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dookie
FYI - 5300K is roughly the color of the OEM Nissan HIDs.
No, no OEM HID is different than 4300K in the USA. That is the legal standard. The different color you see is because of the projector refraction.

5300K is slightly more blue than OEM color.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

All this aftermarket 'kits' have just ruined the Kelvin scale. As ZK stated 4,100k is the norm you see in the USA from the factory. 5k is much bluer while 6k is much more purple.

What we have are the Chinese and Korean HID companies trying to beat each other out on sales with unregulated kelvin stickers on the box. Nothing more. I think it got up to 12,000K on some kits. Thats just retarded.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by res04
All this aftermarket 'kits' have just ruined the Kelvin scale. As ZK stated 4,100k is the norm you see in the USA from the factory. 5k is much bluer while 6k is much more purple.

What we have are the Chinese and Korean HID companies trying to beat each other out on sales with unregulated kelvin stickers on the box. Nothing more. I think it got up to 12,000K on some kits. Thats just retarded.
dot.

Quick Reply: HID Kit installed on Evo IX.