Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me spend some Christmas cash

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BADEVO
Like I said man, just brush it off and have thick skin. The inherant dangers of modding a car and not knowing is extremely high and no one wants to see a car destroyed.

I agree.. thats why I will not get an MBC until I understand everything about.. it thats why I was asking. I learned a little so its all good.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
send extra cash to my paypal account.

just kidding. Get a mail in flash. It's less likely to be detected than your other mods and it will make the most power. Also you will finally see the benefit of your bolt ons. Worse case scenario if you have to take it to the dealer to be hooked to the computer you can get it reflashed to stock and then take it in.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Why would I need to go there when I have a test pipe myself?

Because you dont know how much whp you got from it. hehe
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ashton13
Warrtalon.. are you out there?

LMFAO...becareful what you ask for.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Because you dont know how much whp you got from it. hehe
And you know this, because you followed my mod progress where I dyno'd and dragged before and after adding a testpipe, right?

I gained 12whp/10wtq, dropped .12s in the 1/4 and added just over 1mph when adding my test pipe.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

And you know this, because you followed my mod progress where I dyno'd and dragged before and after adding a testpipe, right?

I gained 12whp/10wtq, dropped .12s in the 1/4 and added just over 1mph when adding my test pipe.

Ok 12 whp it is. See i just learned one of the answers to my original post... finally.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
To me, "fits" means it doesn't touch anything and doesn't require any changes to the undercar braces. There are plenty of DPs that don't taper down from 3". The JIC doesn't sound special? Being 3" is pretty normal; some taper down, but not most. I hope the JIC+RMR braces didn't cost more than $150 (Megan price).
I never said that the JIC is special, never said that there are not other dp out there, never said it was cheaper than the Megan. I simply recommended a dp that fits the 05, ie, does not hit the ACD. Most of the people who ask if XXX dp fits an 05 are asking if it hits the ACD or not.

The Megan does not retain the stock donut and does not use the spring loaded stock bolts. I did not have to get new gaskets and new bolts. I wanted a dp that will use the same stock hardware. I knew that the JIC tapers and I did not mind it since I was running the stock CAT at the time. I will fix it now that I am running a high flow cat. It is a $50 fix at the muffler shop that I use.

Some people are experiencing rattles with their Megan dp, so I doubt that the fitment is perfect.

"Any rattle issues from the downpipe? My Megan Racing downpipe rattles when I start in 1st gear. It sucks gotta fix it. Did you use a gasket where your downpipe connects to your motor. The stock downpipe has a totally different type of gasket."

Money was not an issue especially since I purchased a 30K car. If I wanted a cheap car to mod, then I would have kept my 1999 Sentra SE.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Ok 12 whp it is. See i just learned one of the answers to my original post... finally.

I guess I shouldnt do this either though caus Im too much of a novice.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I shouldnt do this either though caus Im too much of a novice.
What you should do is grow up
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Money was not an issue especially since I purchased a 30K car. If I wanted a cheap car to mod, then I would have kept my 1999 Sentra SE.

LOL... I laugh at folks that say that about exhaust. Pay big bucks for BIG NAME pipe if you want to.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
What you should do is grow up
That was productive.. man you must be bored.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
LOL... I laugh at folks that say that about exhaust. Pay big bucks for BIG NAME pipe if you want to.

Yea I just like the ultimate racing caus it has the cel fix built in.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

That was productive.. man you must be bored.
Showing your lack of maturity again, people have tried to help you and your still a ***. Good luck blowing up your car!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
send extra cash to my paypal account.

just kidding. Get a mail in flash. It's less likely to be detected than your other mods and it will make the most power. Also you will finally see the benefit of your bolt ons. Worse case scenario if you have to take it to the dealer to be hooked to the computer you can get it reflashed to stock and then take it in.

Productive
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:39 PM

My megan racing downpipe rattled against my 2005 Evo's transfer case. I would highly suggest against the megan downpipe if you own a 2005. I replaced it with a Turbo XS downpipe and it fit without touching the transmission. However, I had to use spacers (included with the pipe) to lower the under-car cross bracing.

There *is* a reason Megan Racing edited their website a month ago and removed the 2005 model year EVO from their downpipe description... http://www.meganracing.com/products/...e.asp?catid=22

-nixx