Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me spend some Christmas cash

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
Showing your lack of maturity again, people have tried to help you and your still a ***. Good luck blowing up your car!

O im a ***.... learn english
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BADEVO
LOL... I laugh at folks that say that about exhaust. Pay big bucks for BIG NAME pipe if you want to.
The JIC dp is only $100 more than the Megan. We are not talking a huge difference in price. Plus I do not have to get my own gasket and my own bolts to attach the JIC. It was a perfect fit, no rattles, and no additional gaskets and bolts to go fetch from a hardware store. The $100 extra I paid is worth the lack of hassle and the peace of mind.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
The JIC dp is only $100 more than the Megan. We are not talking a huge difference in price. Plus I do not have to get my own gasket and my own bolts to attach the JIC. It was a perfect fit, no rattles, and no additional gaskets and bolts to go fetch from a hardware store. The $100 extra I paid is worth the lack of hassle and the peace of mind.

Productive
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nixx
My megan racing downpipe rattled against my 2005 Evo's transfer case. I would highly suggest against the megan downpipe if you own a 2005. I replaced it with a Turbo XS downpipe and it fit without touching the transmission. However, I had to use spacers (included with the pipe) to lower the under-car cross bracing.

There *is* a reason Megan Racing edited their website a month ago and removed the 2005 model year EVO from their downpipe description... http://www.meganracing.com/products/...e.asp?catid=22

-nixx
Thank you for supporting what I and others have said.
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TPetsch
Put it in the BANK people!
lol
good one
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't rattle on mine or many others. I also didn't have to buy any gaskets or bolts.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266

I didnt have a single one of those problems you refered to.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I put a JIC Exhaust and perrin DP/testpipe on my car cause i liked the sound of the JIC, and the looks of it. I know i could of got a different TBE for alot cheaper, and do the same amount of gains. But i did it for personal preferences, not because of "name brand" or whatever some call it. To each to their own, everyone mods their car for ways they like it.
What warrtalon was simply stating was his method was the cheapest route to get HP. nj1266 was simply just saying he liked how every nut and bolt was included to make the JIC a perfect fit. Simple as that.

And as for ashton13... well thats just a field day there. Iam curious though, how could u come from a WRX, and not have knowledge what a boost controller does?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Doesn't rattle on mine or many others. I also didn't have to buy any gaskets or bolts.

O wait are we acually getting back to the original question.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
I put a JIC Exhaust and perrin DP/testpipe on my car cause i liked the sound of the JIC, and the looks of it. I know i could of got a different TBE for alot cheaper, and do the same amount of gains. But i did it for personal preferences, not because of "name brand" or whatever some call it. To each to their own, everyone mods their car for ways they like it.
What warrtalon was simply stating was his method was the cheapest route to get HP. nj1266 was simply just saying he liked how every nut and bolt was included to make the JIC a perfect fit. Simple as that.

And as for ashton13... well thats just a field day there. Iam curious though, how could u come from a WRX, and not have knowledge what a boost controller does?

I agree 100% different strokes for different folks.

Not hate hear, I am just glad we are all modding!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ashton13
O wait are we acually getting back to the original question.
I answered your thread title and your thread questions (which are different from one another, btw). I told you how to best spend your money, you won't get 20whp from a test pipe, and adding a test pipe won't require a tune, but a mail-in Dynoflash would be the best way to spend your money.

Just look at my sig and ask yourself if that's fast enough for you. If not, then don't listen to my suggestions.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:54 PM

yea dood... definatly get to reading and checking out these boards more often. i don't even have my Evo yet but i have been on these boards reading up for about 3 months now. just now signed up tho recently. you'd be amazed how much stuff you can learn every day just by reading this single board.

oh.. and damn, you have an evo and used to have a WRX right? and you DIDN'T know what a boost controller was til now??
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cloudy

Does everyone who drives a fast AWD car know what a MBC does? NO. I dont see how a mod, which can blow up your engine, can be so popular.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You did not but others have and did as you can clearly see from the pic posted in this thread. That tells me that the Megan dp quality is hit and miss; some have had problems and others did not.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin BluEvo
yea dood... definatly get to reading and checking out these boards more often. i don't even have my Evo yet but i have been on these boards reading up for about 3 months now. just now signed up tho recently. you'd be amazed how much stuff you can learn every day just by reading this single board.

oh.. and damn, you have an evo and used to have a WRX right? and you DIDN'T know what a boost controller was til now??

Dude... its a MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER I understand. I did not want to do this mod that is what none of you understand.