Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO9MR vs SRT-8 and Evo9MR vs STI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Also, the numbers I gave you are pretty arbitrary, because that's only on one dyno and don't help you understand anything of importance.
LOL! How about"it doesn't help you" Kid,take a break!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Whatever. You didn't ask for that until the very last post. You spend 2 pages arguing with me and now are backtracking after being proven ignorant of the facts.

Also, the numbers I gave you are pretty arbitrary, because that's only on one dyno and don't help you understand anything of importance.
Why waste two pages arguing? From what I can gather all it does is get the mods attention and get a thread closed. I know you offer good info and all but sometimes get assertive with it. Just take it as Some people just can't take good advice when it's right under their nose.

Speak softly and carry a big stick
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Why waste two pages arguing? Just take it as Some people just can't take good advice when it's right under their nose.

What advice? I simply asked a question and made the mistake on the name of the dyno. He finally answered it.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TForan
What advice? I simply asked a question and made the mistake on the name of the dyno. He finally answered it.
I love how you play dumb after getting smacked around. Here's the "advice" he was referring to - advice you continued to ignore while continually harping on the Mustang Dyno part:

"Hah, well we know those times aren't right either. You'd have to be a gimp to run a 13.5 in a IX MR."

"03/04 Evos run 13.3 with as much as 40-50whp less than IXs. I ran 13.1 in my 05 with a weak 1.92 60'. You do the math..." <--kept trying to refute this while ignoring the proof

"IXs are dyno'ing 270-275whp on Dynojets with 93oct near sea level. 03-04s only did 225-235. You do the math..."

"If that doesn't make sense, then be advised that IX are consistently trapping 106-107mph on 93oct near sea level while 03/04s only do 102-103mph. Again, do the math."

AFter trying to refute my claims on both stock drag times and stock dyno numbers, you try to end it all by saying you simply wanted to know what an VIII puts down on a Mustang Dyno. You must really think we're stupid if you expect us to believe that was your intention this whole time.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:50 PM
Account Disabled

FWIW the Stock Evo IX is capable of a solid 12.8 at 105 or so.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Not to bust in on a good argument, but are the IX superior times directly related to MIVEC? Or is there something else going on here?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I love how you play dumb after getting smacked around. Here's the "advice" he was referring to - advice you continued to ignore while continually harping on the Mustang Dyno part:

"Hah, well we know those times aren't right either. You'd have to be a gimp to run a 13.5 in a IX MR."

"03/04 Evos run 13.3 with as much as 40-50whp less than IXs. I ran 13.1 in my 05 with a weak 1.92 60'. You do the math..." <--kept trying to refute this while ignoring the proof

"IXs are dyno'ing 270-275whp on Dynojets with 93oct near sea level. 03-04s only did 225-235. You do the math..."

"If that doesn't make sense, then be advised that IX are consistently trapping 106-107mph on 93oct near sea level while 03/04s only do 102-103mph. Again, do the math."

AFter trying to refute my claims on both stock drag times and stock dyno numbers, you try to end it all by saying you simply wanted to know what an VIII puts down on a Mustang Dyno. You must really think we're stupid if you expect us to believe that was your intention this whole time.
OWNED!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Road and track basically said the Evo is a better car but they picked the STI and didn't bother to explain why.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:06 PM

You have read WAY too much into this. BTW, son ,you might want to look up the meaning of GIMP before using it again. Now breathe!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

IBTL
Old Jan 2, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TForan
You have read WAY too much into this. BTW, son ,you might want to look up the meaning of GIMP before using it again. Now breathe!
Keep backpedaling. I know it hurts to be proven wrong, but you should just get over it and move on.

Btw, why would I not be breathing? I don't understand that comment. I'm still talking to you like a little child who cannot quite grasp the basics of life. Hopefully, you will begin to catch on so that I can stop. I'm not keeping my hopes up, though...
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sasquatch
Not to bust in on a good argument, but are the IX superior times directly related to MIVEC? Or is there something else going on here?
I believe the upgraded turbo is where most people believe the biggest gains come from. Buschur did a dyno of a stock IX and a stock VIII. Peak numbers were very similar, however the IX had better numbers thru the low and midrange due to MIVEC. I wish I could link the thread, but I cannot find it.

Girlie
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:54 PM

Keep backpedaling. I know it hurts to be proven wrong, but you should just get over it and move on.

Btw, why would I not be breathing? I don't understand that comment. I'm still talking to you like a little child who cannot quite grasp the basics of life. Hopefully, you will begin to catch on so that I can stop. I'm not keeping my hopes up, though...
What in the world are you talking about? I have no agenda. You obviously do. I was trying to clarify what is the actual WHP. Nothing more.
I'm done.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

how about this....... the evo VIII and evo IX are slowwwww. if you want to be fast get a 1.0l 3 cylinder geo. they are super fast and have ran 11's in the 1/4 with a trap speed of 150+ bone stock. they also dyno at 100,000,000 whp with just a drop in filter and kgn 20 tip spark plugs. they have also been known to destroy tt vipers pushing well over 2k to the wheels in revers and chicks love them too. also if you buy the apc body kit the car can fly.... thats right fly from la to new york in 30 mins. i think that this is the car of your dreams and you should get one.

moral of the story? i cant spell for crap and who the hell cares what any one says. if you like your car keep it, if you dont then sell it and move on.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by o4whtevors
how about this....... the evo VIII and evo IX are slowwwww. if you want to be fast get a 1.0l 3 cylinder geo. they are super fast and have ran 11's in the 1/4 with a trap speed of 150+ bone stock. they also dyno at 100,000,000 whp with just a drop in filter and kgn 20 tip spark plugs. they have also been known to destroy tt vipers pushing well over 2k to the wheels in revers and chicks love them too. also if you buy the apc body kit the car can fly.... thats right fly from la to new york in 30 mins. i think that this is the car of your dreams and you should get one.

moral of the story? i cant spell for crap and who the hell cares what any one says. if you like your car keep it, if you dont then sell it and move on.
Thank you for those words of wisdom. Very well put. Now,time for bed.

Quick Reply: EVO9MR vs SRT-8 and Evo9MR vs STI