Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else experienced this while modding their Evos?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else experienced this while modding their Evos?

I have been modding my Evo for about 2 years now, and I have done things here and there as I could afford with a new wife, house, job, and kid.

However, I have yet to feel one mod that made such a difference as getting the car tuned by a pro. Sure, all the power/suspension stuff helped, but MAN, the thing that really completed the puzzle was getting Martin to work his magic.

I have 3 cars, including one my company pays for, and yet, I can stop driving my Evo now. I, literally, look for excuses to run out places. I have driven the car more in the last 2 weeks, than I have in the past year. In fact, Jon K, drove it more miles taking it to AMS to be tuned, than I did all year.

The tune, really, made the pieces fit, and the car is just plain insane. I can't imagine how you guys deal with 500+whp. I spoke to Martin, at length about my needs, and we went super conservative, to allow for all the track use this year, and the car still feels incredible. The car will, literally, blow off all four in second if you slam shift it, which is unbelievable considering how much grip the car has with the suspension stuff I have done.

Has anyone else had a mod that did so much to compliment all that you had already done for the car?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

I think that's pretty much everyone who's that far in the game
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not yet.....
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

i cant wait to get mine tuned
im gonna doo some cams at the same time!!
Old Jan 3, 2006, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
I have been modding my Evo for about 2 years now, and I have done things here and there as I could afford with a new wife, house, job, and kid.

However, I have yet to feel one mod that made such a difference as getting the car tuned by a pro. Sure, all the power/suspension stuff helped, but MAN, the thing that really completed the puzzle was getting Martin to work his magic.

I have 3 cars, including one my company pays for, and yet, I can stop driving my Evo now. I, literally, look for excuses to run out places. I have driven the car more in the last 2 weeks, than I have in the past year. In fact, Jon K, drove it more miles taking it to AMS to be tuned, than I did all year.

The tune, really, made the pieces fit, and the car is just plain insane. I can't imagine how you guys deal with 500+whp. I spoke to Martin, at length about my needs, and we went super conservative, to allow for all the track use this year, and the car still feels incredible. The car will, literally, blow off all four in second if you slam shift it, which is unbelievable considering how much grip the car has with the suspension stuff I have done.

Has anyone else had a mod that did so much to compliment all that you had already done for the car?

that Avatar is funny as hell you have..... lol