Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Owned 2 Evo's before, just purchased new 05 Sti. My impressions.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since you're leasing, you're probably planning to (and technically must) keep the car stock. the STI is a good choice for a 100% stock car.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
since you're leasing, you're probably planning to (and technically must) keep the car stock. the STI is a good choice for a 100% stock car.

Yeah I am and I like to trade my cars alot so leasing was the best deal for me since I will eventually upgrade to a new Evo or Sti some day.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Stock for Stock my Sti feels faster then both my Evos but my first Evo I had full turbo back,intake,spark plug wires and bov and it was faster then my sti hands down.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brijen123
Yeah I am and I like to trade my cars alot so leasing was the best deal for me since I will eventually upgrade to a new Evo or Sti some day.
You like to trade cars a lot, but yet you locked yourself into a 65 month lease?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CFaber
You like to trade cars a lot, but yet you locked yourself into a 65 month lease?
This way I dont have to worry about negative equity as long as I dont trade it in to early.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CFaber
it seems like he is a payment buyer that got suck***** into a lease!
knowing how this works you got bent over!
ask your self how much to break the lease?
what are your finance charges?
damage charges?
over miles charge?
etc, etc!
For a lease that long you should be paying less than that!
unless it is through a secondary leasing company!
well it also depends on your credit!
hose figures dont add up due to the purchase/lease price
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blueo4
it seems like he is a payment buyer that got suck***** into a lease!
knowing how this works you got bent over!
ask your self how much to break the lease?
what are your finance charges?
damage charges?
over miles charge?
etc, etc!
For a lease that long you should be paying less than that!
unless it is through a secondary leasing company!
well it also depends on your credit!
hose figures dont add up due to the purchase/lease price

No charges for dings, or anything. I got lease warranty that covers all this stuff. I actually got a great deal. I have been working on this deal for a month now it just got better and better. The dealer actually lost 800 dollars on this car. A bad deal is this guy who just purchased an Evo IX, not mr and his payments are 780 for 72 months. That is bad.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
No charges for dings, or anything. I got lease warranty that covers all this stuff. I actually got a great deal. I have been working on this deal for a month now it just got better and better. The dealer actually lost 800 dollars on this car. A bad deal is this guy who just purchased an Evo IX, not mr and his payments are 780 for 72 months. That is bad.
Unless you have money to burn, I don't understand why (financially speaking) you'd go through 3 cars in 2 years.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Unless you have money to burn, I don't understand why (financially speaking) you'd go through 3 cars in 2 years.

Honestly I have a bad addiction to buying new cars and I have lost alot of money financing cars. I cant afford to lose any more money financing so I decided to lease to help teach me to keep a car. Its caused me to lose alot of money and I am not rich by all means so it has caused alot of stress and if I could take it back I would.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Lease is 65 months and my payments are 399 a month thats with 1,000 down. My sti was priced at 37k because it had every extra option available but my ending cost out the door was 29,800.00. Not bad huh and my insurance went down 50 bucks a month. The evo would have put it up 5 bucks a month.
So you will have spent $27,000 and have nothing to show for it? For the same amount of money I will own my 06 RS, that seems like an incredible waste of money.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I leased the car and when you lease they base it on what the residual of the cars valu is and the Sti has alot better residual then the Evo which means the bank feels the Sti will be worth more at the end of the term then an Evo which makes for alot cheaper monthly payment.
Not quite. "The bank" as you put it, is the manufacturer in most cases. They set the residuals. If you got a lease through another bank, then they set their own too. Yes, there is the ALG guide that helps set residual values for all companies, but if a manufacturer want to run a special on a particular car they can have a special lease and determine their own residuals to lower the payments. At the end they run the risk of being left holding the bag when people start turning the cars in, but it at least gets the cars off the lot. It doesn't necessarily mean the STi is better at holding value then the Evo if Subaru decides to run a better leasing on it. Mitsubishi just isn't putting much incentives into leasing right now. And they certainly aren't going to run 65 month leases on any of their cars.

Its good to know that a car might show up high in these guides, but it is just speculation in the end. I wouldn't sweat it if two cars I wanted are within a couple of grand of each other.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jan 3, 2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Just out of curiousity and if you'll share the info … what is the guaranteed residual value after the 65-month lease?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

STi's are nice cars. I was considering one before I got my Evo9. A few things I didn't like about it were the seats as they were not as supportive as the Evo's Recaro seats and I honestly didn't like the power delivery it had (I really like the kick in the ***** at 3300rpms). Other than that, I enjoyed it. Have fun with your new car.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhatNoise???
Just out of curiousity and if you'll share the info … what is the guaranteed residual value after the 65-month lease?

Its around 13,000 which is a good thing because I think the car will be worth around 20,000 after 5 and a half years which means the extra 7,000 will be mine to put towards a new car. If the car is worth less then the 13000 then the bank will take the loss and I will give them back the car. Its a win,win situation other then you will not own the car unless you decide to finance retial of the car at that point.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
STi's are nice cars. I was considering one before I got my Evo9. A few things I didn't like about it were the seats as they were not as supportive as the Evo's Recaro seats and I honestly didn't like the power delivery it had (I really like the kick in the ***** at 3300rpms). Other than that, I enjoyed it. Have fun with your new car.

I agree with you on the seats. I like the looks of the sti seats better but the feel of the evo's better. As far as power delivery. I too loved the surge of power at 3300 rom's on the Evo but I like the huge power surge the Sti gives you at 2,000 rpms all the way to 6500 rpm's. The Sti just pulls hard through the whole power band. Both great cars.

Quick Reply: Owned 2 Evo's before, just purchased new 05 Sti. My impressions.