Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Parts from Japan worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This kid is a cool kid, Just because he is 16 and has a Evo doesn't mean he is some rich a$$ hole. He is asking a question and that's it. If his dad gets a skyline cool, If not Oh well. I think JDM parts are good but you could parts over hear for less and not have to worry about shipping them. I think you should just spend the money if its something you really like.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

not to critize bro, but you dont come on here to a site full or 20 and 30 yr olds saying your going to japan and have 5 grand to spend. you know people will critize you. but yea if you can get some jdm parts go for it. not to many have that chance nor some dont have the funds to take a trip there and go on a shooping spree. so enjoy
Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Just sucks for the people that work there *** off to pay for their cars and mods
Old Jan 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when people critize you its cause maybe they have a little bit of envy cause when they where 16 dad didnt buy them a car but congrats on having an evo and just take care of it so your father sees you appreciate his gift, build quality is the same on a USA evo and a JDM evo but aftermarket parts is what you should look for!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

It's all relative. If you have the access and funds, why wouldn't you? I hope not to avoid remarks from people that only buy USDM parts. They wouldn't appreciate your blind commentary on their decision if they posted. The only thing I would say is do your homework, this is an incredible opportunity to get some pretty atypical stuff. Don't buy the same old JDM stuff everyone else has access to through american vendors. JMO
Old Jan 4, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I just wanted to ask all of you guys because most of you guys probably know more than me. I am sorry but I'd just appreciate it if you only got to know me before assuming things. I work for my car and I am working 4-11 pm every day to pay off my monthly payments, and I have to do homework when I get back.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:00 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
I just wanted to ask all of you guys because most of you guys probably know more than me. I am sorry but I'd just appreciate it if you only got to know me before assuming things. I work for my car and I am working 4-11 pm every day to pay off my monthly payments, and I have to do homework when I get back.
That sounds like a formula for failing school. You should really be concentrating on getting grades and preping for college instead of working for a car payment.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=167919
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=167491
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=169867
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=171316
A summary:
Car taken till spring b/c of girl
BOV question about pssssht sound
Offered $5k to keep car in garage for winter instead of drive the evo
Drifted with a friend around light poles
That is why Warrtalon and others are on his case.

On topic: JDM parts are nice but more to say whoa look at my JDM parts and more money
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I do get good grades, I have A's and B's right now!!! OMG, jeez I just didnt know people could be real *******s on this board!!! MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

I do get good grades, I have A's and B's right now!!! OMG, jeez I just didnt know people could be real *******s on this board!!! MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

just buy waht u want...if i had money..i would buy jdm parts!!!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

umm you posted this at 5:54PM shouldn't you be at work?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by get faster
to Warr: Why? Why? Why? You usually provide good answers with a harsh delivery but why punish him for being a well kept son?

JDM IS better!!!. There are many reasons why but the main one is logical. The Japanese have had the evo for almost 11 years now. Their parts have been tested and improved over time. Ask all your friends, or do as much research as you can, but I guarantee that you won't gather much info (or parts) for evos 1-7 in the usa, but if you go to Japan.......

Some will say you are talking about the 8 or 9 but same answer. The Japanese are as much fanatics of these cars as anywhere else in the World and they get to choose them first. The main players in the aftermarket parts business are based in Japan and many of the parts available in the usa are imported from Japan.

I really don't understand why members of this forum need to have their head so high up their asses they can't answer simple questions. Its a given he is a younger member, and has posted a FEW (not 10 or 20) silly topics, however that really doesn't give anybody the right to crap on his thread. If you don't want to deal with it then don't click on the thread.

Good luck in your quest in Japan, I would honestly spend a portion of that 5k at skip barper or some other racing insitution. A younger driver with a 300+ whp evo8 can end up being a serious diseaster. Don't forgot to do some brake and suspension upgrades will buying parts for the spring.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
Just sucks for the people that work there *** off to pay for their cars and mods
This is very true and I'm in the same boat, however it doesn't mean that other forum members need to bash the kid because his parents are well off. it seems the kid is working part-time afterschool to help with the payments.

Sometimes I cringe at the amount of money I have spent on the car, but I guess you gotta pay to play.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
I really don't understand why members of this forum need to have their head so high up their asses they can't answer simple questions. Its a given he is a younger member, and has posted a FEW (not 10 or 20) silly topics, however that really doesn't give anybody the right to crap on his thread. If you don't want to deal with it then don't click on the thread.

Good luck in your quest in Japan, I would honestly spend a portion of that 5k at skip barper or some other racing insitution. A younger driver with a 300+ whp evo8 can end up being a serious diseaster. Don't forgot to do some brake and suspension upgrades will buying parts for the spring.
Totally agree - stop clicking on threads that pi$$ you off
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Salaam Alekum Syed! Kaya Hal Hi?

Definately go the JDM route man, you are gonna find good parts for good prices and as for the Skyline's...PM me and I'll refer you to the some real good deals on Skylines R32-34 and Silvia's as well. Maybe we can work out a deal depending on where you live.

I do agree w/ Warrtalon on some issues tho...make sure you kow the full power of your car and feel completely comfortable with it so that you can avoid what many young members of this forum have already done.

Last edited by Hittman; Jan 4, 2006 at 03:59 PM.