Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Building cars Cheaper these days, but charging more??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Building cars Cheaper these days, but charging more??

so i was watching this video : http://leenks.com/link31222.htm and i mean these are top end exotic cars and they are starting to just what seems to me do a half a$$ job on makiing them better, yeah im mean they tune the **** out of the cars, but it seems like if you get into a crash BOOM! your done. i mean the sticker on the porsche, no floor mats in the ferrari, plastic windows in the porsche etc etc. now i was wondering has anyone known any difference between the 8 and the 9, anything made cheaper like this.

I have to say i do love listening to the Top Gear guy, and watching his expressions its hilarious
Old Jan 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, those cars are Ghetto.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Who would pay that much for that car. I would expect ferrari and porsche to make it cheaper since they are made out of cheaper materials. If I had a crap load of money I would think about buying that as a track only car.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Carbon fiber and titanium are NOT cheaper materials. Also a lexan rear window is not cheaper than a glass rear window. Where do you people come up with this crap? They went with LIGHTER materials... not cheaper.

Just like how the EVO RS has manual crank windown, no radio, manual door locks, aluminum roof.... it is all about lowering the weight.

Keith
Old Jan 5, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Carbon fiber and titanium are NOT cheaper materials. Also a lexan rear window is not cheaper than a glass rear window. Where do you people come up with this crap? They went with LIGHTER materials... not cheaper.

Just like how the EVO RS has manual crank windown, no radio, manual door locks, aluminum roof.... it is all about lowering the weight.

Keith
But cmon, the ferrari doesn't even have a carpet! He didn't say lexan rear window, he said plastic. He made it sound like they were cheap instead of just lighter.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

No generic "plastic" window would be street legal here in the US, i dunno about other places but it's a nono here.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

yeah he said that the rear windows of the porsche were plastic.

I never said that carbon fiber or titanium was cheap, i know its expensive, especially titanium. but i would expect more from porsche other than that damn only available in white? the only color to choose is the color of the rims WTF?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3vo2005
But cmon, the ferrari doesn't even have a carpet! He didn't say lexan rear window, he said plastic. He made it sound like they were cheap instead of just lighter.

Lexan is a type of plastic. A selective use of words can make anything good seem bad and vice versa.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

That guy talks sometimes crap,porsche and ferrari are made of high quality materials.
For example i remember the ferrari 360 stradale springs were made from titanium and very well in details engineered.

Last edited by evotec; Jan 6, 2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

i know he makes it seem like Geez, hmmmmm the ferrari is better than the porsche, for only 40,000 more, so buy ths one the porsche is crap. i mean both of them cars are engineered very well, and have some high quality parts on them. Oh the window is plastic, no radio, floormats, on this one blah blah blah. they are pretty much race cars tho, they need to shave as much weight as possible i guess there can be 2 ways to look at it