Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Competition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Competition

Has anyone ever thought of putting together the ultimate Evo bash? Norris Designs, RC Developments, AMS, Buschur, Pruven, Dynoflash, Ultimate Racing and the list goes on...

Have people bring their race cars AND one customers car or a street car, in Al Friedman's case his car could campain as both.....

Give them plenty of advanced notice....give them everything they need in terms of time allowances and have a variety of qualified judges.

0-100-0 Test
0-60
1/4 Mile Test
Top Speed
Road Course Time
Braking
On Road Test for street cars
Dyno Test
Car Show/Functionality

I just see so many well rounded events with NHRA and the more popular events it'd be nice to see something like this happen. EVERYONE shows, everyone makes a solid effort and for some serious competition.

Itd be good to get those Brits across the pond and show them what WHEEL horsepower is worth compares to their BHP numbers. Im sure AMS has an answer to RC Developments 930 crank horsepower number.

JUST EVOS...everything welcome....I mean, hell, Id even set it up myself if given the opportunity....but, Id just like to see what is what.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Havent you seen the post: Call to battle AMS/Bushur/Dynoflash? Or: the Official Winged Warrior II thread? it is going down June 3rd. David Bushur is in, as a representative from AMS might show. THere will be evos/sti's/vipers/lotuses as far as the eye can see! Go look at those threads bro!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

smoked, Ive seen it. Thats exactly the reason I threw this out there. I was figuring that there could be a more extensive competition....just the same, it'd be cool either way. I really just wanna see these UK cars....
Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
smoked, Ive seen it. Thats exactly the reason I threw this out there. I was figuring that there could be a more extensive competition....just the same, it'd be cool either way. I really just wanna see these UK cars....
I am working on the grand prize. 5K? more who knows. I think large money and prizes will have a larger draw. TV coverage/magazine coverage looks good. there will be alot of British cars in the "mix" also. The website will be up soon, so we can see the type cars who want to throw down!!!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I am working on the grand prize. 5K? more who knows. I think large money and prizes will have a larger draw. TV coverage/magazine coverage looks good. there will be alot of British cars in the "mix" also. The website will be up soon, so we can see the type cars who want to throw down!!!
Think I have a shot at that grand prize Smoked???

Sounds awesome.....make sure you tell my favorite mag....Modified.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

I know you dont know me or the other way around, but if you need any help, lemme know. Lets get it on!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Cmon if those guys knew we were going to be there, they wouldn't even bother showing up! J/K

I've heard about the Winged Warrior thing in Indy and........

Doh!!! They scheduled it the same exact day as NDRA St. Louis AND BOTI Joliet, IL!! Looks like we most likely will not be there.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

this is going to be interesting. who would win.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Forget all that, I just want them to have a dyno tune battle and see who is the best tuner once and for all, and so we can stop all of this bickering.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

We know what the cars can do in the 1/4, how does it stack up against the top Domestic and other imports? Thats why this will be an exciting and different event!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

no doubt smoked...no doubt at all.

See what I mean? AMS wont be in attendance, or likely so...

Just the same, we should get a conferenece call with all the shops together. Its be funny as hell to record, especally if Shiv and AL show....lol

Just the same we should urge everyone to plan on one day, make it annual, and definite. Maybe the first year is eh....the second in light, know what I mean?

Keep the detaills going about WW though, Im gonna try and make it.

What is the date again?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
What is the date again?
June 6th....check my sig for links
Old Jan 7, 2006, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Tell us how you liked it on June 6th E2L, and when you get there on that date, make sure you pick up the mess we left there on JUNE 3rd!!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2006, 03:26 AM
Evolved Member

Picking a date for this is always going to be tough, everyone cant make it on date X or Y. Maybe next year, some of the people will put this on their calander,as it will be a day of fun and excitement that you dont see everyday. Where else can you "let the dogs eat" for 10 bucks or so? NOWHERE. AMS, I think you need to reconsider, we all know you will do the 1/4 mile in 8-10 seconds, but how will one of your cars hold up on other events? or even the drags against some TEAM USA cocky viper, NOS spraying bozo?

I digress. Whoever enters, races, spends a day turning the wheel till your arms are tired, will surely have a Grin ear to ear for months following the event!

Just kidding on the re-consideration AMS, You will be somewhere on that weekend kicking some butt for us! Good Luck!
Old Jan 7, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

No doubt smoked, no doubt.

But just like America, we can all agree together to fight one common enemy, instead we are fighint ourselves...