Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Aarghf! I Cant decide. Evo IX or X???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"UT_EvoIn short, I just like the 8 too much, but the concepts of the X are different enough that i like it, I'd look into the new STi if i was you too, I like it a lot, but again, I'm a looks kinda guy"

Thanks for the advice. But I've driven the Sti, and didn't like it. The shifter felt kinda springy, spungy (hard to describe) with vague engagement. I didn't dig the suspension either. You don't feel the road like you do in the Evo or 350Z, thus doesn't inspire confidence. And...Though the car is fast, it doesn't feel turbocharged; it feels more like a v8 (which I'm sure Subaru was trying to achieve, and some may prefer).
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Even if the X comes out they will probably water it down just like the evos we have in the states. We probably wont see (S-AWC). I would probably just get the IX unless you can wait for 2-3yrs. The X will certainly not come next year.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i don't think mitsu will rush into releasing the x

jump in a viii for now get used to that ...then when the x is ready...if you don't like(doubt it) or not want your viii anymore...give it to me and buy x
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

just buy an oz-rally like i did. 1/3 of the price of an evo, and about, 1/20th of the fun .............
man i wish i had good credit

and a better paying job
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you wait and get the x, and it sucks... then u can get the IX for a hell of a lot cheaper. In the meantime, buy a DSM, WRX, or 240sx to ride around in for some fun.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:43 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Ix
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 6, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

buy a IX....and get to know the car. By the time the X gets out (who knows when) you'll be at a point where you'll look at the X and say "my IX can walk all over that ****!"...after some much expected tuning of course. I have a moded VIII now and soon plan to buy a slightly used IX MR in about a year. But I'm partial to the existing chassis design now.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the IXs are hot now, but that will always change whenever a new evo comes out. Get an evo now and you will be happy!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:21 PM
-Q-

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
I'd personally say wait and get the X. The 350z cant be THAT boring, just keep it for a few years. Do some fun stuff with it... Coilovers, brakes, tires, exhaust, intake, ECU, *cough* supercharger... Mess around with it, wait for the X its gunna be a beast.

^^^ +1
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:33 PM

I say keep the Z and buy urself a IX and when the X comes out, you could just trade in ur Z for it. That way, you can enjoy 2 Evos from of complete different kind. That's what I'm gonna do, have fun in my IX and trade-in my WRX for a X.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
No really good reason, I just don't like the looks of it nearly as much as the VIII, that, and all the little problems haven't yet been discovered on the XI, whereas we all know the main problems that the VII's run in to (and yes, it's highly possible that the XI's don't have nearly as many, but still..) So its pretty much just my own personal opinion... Honestly, if I was you, I'd probably be trying to get into a 9... It's just I wanted an 8 when they were first announced, so I'm basically riding around in my dream car, and asside from the smell of the catless exhaust its perfect, even with its little problems.

In short, I just like the 8 too much, but the concepts of the X are different enough that i like it, I'd look into the new STi if i was you too, I like it a lot, but again, I'm a looks kinda guy.

Huh? The IX is identical to the VIII in looks except for the wheels & front bumper. Internals - better turbo & MIVEC; therefore, a Flash and TBE nets you a VERY fast car
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking the same thing, should I wait for the X. I am going to purchase the IX, because almost everything about the X is speculation, and I want this body style before they change it.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

get IX.. I have 06 IX and MIVEC IS AWESOME!! that sh*t Kick up... I went 165MPH on my Evo IX hee hee no choke up.. smooth like baby on freeway...
Old Jan 7, 2006, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the 9