Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Aarghf! I Cant decide. Evo IX or X???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aarghf! I Cant decide. Evo IX or X???

I've posted this at my350z.com, and the consensus seems to be to go with the 10. I'm getting a little tired of my Z, and it will cost me way too much to mod reliably. I think the X's looks are great and a huge improvement over the previous, but will the tuning potential be there? Will they turn the Evo into a watered down, domesticated marketing tool?
Should I buy the IX this spring, and let them work out the bugs for the first few years? Or should I just wait and get the X? Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I'd personally say wait and get the X. The 350z cant be THAT boring, just keep it for a few years. Do some fun stuff with it... Coilovers, brakes, tires, exhaust, intake, ECU, *cough* supercharger... Mess around with it, wait for the X its gunna be a beast.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
noboday has any ideas yet what the 10 will actually be. Trying to compare the IX to the concept X is useless because the X still only exists in peoples immagination. If you are interested in an evo just for the the IX.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

We as an evo community are not sure what the X will be like, there is a lot of speculation at this time unless another member on here knows, to the best of my knowlegde, all we know is all that's in the press and you can find that if you search or look in the "future model" section. The X does look like it has some improvement but I would suggest you take the IX out for a spin too, That baby has a lot of potential. Well that's my thoughts. Oh and I would get the IX, just because the X may not show up for a couple of years.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Get an VIII or a X, just cuz I hate the IX
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mitsu never disappoint, every new evolution is better than the last model. It has always evolved from the past. I just got a feeling mitsu won't disappoint us when the final specs are out for the x. In the mean time get a ix if your planning to keep it and not trade it just because evo x might be better. Evo 9s are showing great potentials with less mods than the 8.....
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

I got tired of my z in 1 year .She was gone for the evo8. I have 2 evo 8s now.They smoke the z.If I were you pick up an evo if you can,and get a 10 later as I am.
Originally Posted by Sschmuve1
I've posted this at my350z.com, and the consensus seems to be to go with the 10. I'm getting a little tired of my Z, and it will cost me way too much to mod reliably. I think the X's looks are great and a huge improvement over the previous, but will the tuning potential be there? Will they turn the Evo into a watered down, domesticated marketing tool?
Should I buy the IX this spring, and let them work out the bugs for the first few years? Or should I just wait and get the X? Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

UT Evo, why do you hate the IX??

Sschmuve1- I would go with the IX, they are taking well to the mods (no cams yet,no electric boost controller, no standalone ecu). It is improved over the VIII, inside and out. NO one knows anything about the X, all we know are the concept pics going around the internet.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Live for today...not tormorrow....get an EVO! That's what I did. Quit dreaming about it and make it come true. I think everyone is going to consider the X at some point in time, but...can we get one today? ...no...so don't wait.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

ah screw it! go get a 7
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
get 9 . Its Evo . Why would you want to wait for X if 11 will be even better, or maybe even 12.

Just get 9 and stop waisting time. How much better could 10 be over 9..
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

No really good reason, I just don't like the looks of it nearly as much as the VIII, that, and all the little problems haven't yet been discovered on the XI, whereas we all know the main problems that the VII's run in to (and yes, it's highly possible that the XI's don't have nearly as many, but still..) So its pretty much just my own personal opinion... Honestly, if I was you, I'd probably be trying to get into a 9... It's just I wanted an 8 when they were first announced, so I'm basically riding around in my dream car, and asside from the smell of the catless exhaust its perfect, even with its little problems.

In short, I just like the 8 too much, but the concepts of the X are different enough that i like it, I'd look into the new STi if i was you too, I like it a lot, but again, I'm a looks kinda guy.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

If i was in your situation i would wait for the X.

If i were me, which i am... I would get the IX and trade it in for the X when it comes out, which is who knows when, and how it will be. It could be a 3G eclipse, know what i mean?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
No really good reason, I just don't like the looks of it nearly as much as the VIII, that, and all the little problems haven't yet been discovered on the XI, whereas we all know the main problems that the VII's run in to (and yes, it's highly possible that the XI's don't have nearly as many, but still..) So its pretty much just my own personal opinion...
first it's "IX" (9) not "XI" (11). second, if you hate the looks of the IX, you must be pretty tired of looking at your VIII because - hello? - they're basically identical. finally, "all the little problems"....yeah, i'd say most of those were sorted out after 3 generations of the VIII, which is BASICALLY IDENTICAL.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
noboday has any ideas yet what the 10 will actually be. Trying to compare the IX to the concept X is useless because the X still only exists in peoples immagination. If you are interested in an evo just for the the IX.
exactly. while you're daydreaming about vaporware, we'll be having fun with our VIII's and IX's.