Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

problems with my evo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with my evo

ive had my 03 evo for 2 months and last week my camshaft and crankshaft positining sensor cel light came on ,also when i hit the gas it does not spool as fast as it used to any one have this problem before maybe timing is off i dont know .
Old Jan 6, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Bump to help you figure it out...I suggest taking it to the dealership and let them figure it out!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

I would take it to the dealer if it is still under warranty rather than mess with it yourself.

Check near the back of the valve cover near the cam gears and make sure your crank angle sensor is plugged in. It is a triangle shape with rounded edges. As far as your cam shaft sensor....have you washed your engine with any high pressure water (known problem on 1g's, not so much on the evo)? Is the sensor plugged in? Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hks-evo
ive had my 03 evo for 2 months and last week my camshaft and crankshaft positining sensor cel light came on ,also when i hit the gas it does not spool as fast as it used to any one have this problem before maybe timing is off i dont know .
Same thing happend to me, I bent my crank!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Id be wary of takin to the dealer. They might find the problem, might now but they will still charge you a fortune. Take it to a good tuner or a mechanic with a good rep and go from there. As far as the problem, Im no su of the configuration of the cam gears or sensors for cam and crank angle, but start there.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

if it is steal under warrenty most def take it back to the dealer after you pull all mods off the car