Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why things are the way they are!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why things are the way they are!

Mods, feel free to move, delete or pick this post apart. I am NOT looking for trouble and I am not singling anyone out, so be that as it may, I just want to share my observations with the board.

In the past two years the moderators have had an increasingly difficult time monitoring this board and keeping it alive.

Name calling, bastardizing threads and complete misuse of an otherwise great resource have made this place very difficult to read at. I myself am not without sin with these rules....but I can say that when someone gives me a valid opinion, I respect it and even though I may disagree, as long as it was not ill hearted or malicious, I can disagree with an appropriate demeanor.

For those who know it all, you may want to consider some of americas rules. America has the freedom of speech like no other country in the world. Following that set of rules is this board. With the rules comes another right, the right to SHUT UP!

If someone says something derogatory, racist, threatening, out of line or disrespectful, let the moderators deal with it.

If someone has an opinion that differs from your own, either learn how to disagree cordially or, SHUT UP!

Nobody wants to hear how much better your idea or plan of action is because YOU thought of it. If you can't show support for the people here who are all trying to have fun, get out. I myself have been around a plenty long time on message boards in general and a decent amount of time on EvoM that I can speak from experience. Nobody cares that you think you did it so much better. If you can't prove it with facts or do it nicely, then keep it to yourself.

If someone has a grand arguement to make, learn how to spell check. If you genuinely have a hard time with language or literacy, PM anyone you may think can help, including myself and I/we would be happy to lend a hand. I am not perfect, but if I am going to prove someone wrong, I speak with intellect and respect, and do so, NICELY.

As far as the tuners go. Even though you guys are the elite on this board, nobody enjoys watching you guys fight like kids. Everything I just said should be taken to heart by all of you as well. You dont like being told YOU SUCK, I can imagine how enraging that is. However, some of you show no more class than the 15 year old kid whos bull$hitting everyone about the 600whp Evo he's got and how much better Brand X's tune was than Brand Y's.

People will draw their own conclusions. You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of them all of the time. When someone jumps on the board and says "TUNER (A) MESSED UP MY CAR AND WONT PICK UP THE PHONE!"

Im sure that everyone wants to know if someone got screwed. But some of you people out there are VERY hard to please and very impatient. Dont waste out time with that garbage. Post REAL issues and problems, not just whining.

When a newbie comes on and asks a question thats been covered a thousand times....please dont tell them to just do a search. I know two people who went the STi route because questions they had about Evos couldnt be answered and people on the board were rude to them. Maybe do a search FOR them, post the links and help outline some answers to their questions. Not everyone is interenet savvy.

I feel the internet disassociates common manners in such a fashion that people forget there are OTHER people on the end of that message.

Would you really walk up to a guy like (example) Dave Buschur, as nice as the guy has been to myself and many others over the internet, and look him in the eye and say "Tuner X hates installing your parts because they said they suck!"

I dont think anyone has the *****, and if you do, you dont belong among this crowd.

Its time for everyone, including myself to start thinking a little before typing....the bantering to stop, the BS to quit. We all share a common love-our Evos. Without that we'd all be strangers. We've been given a great gift to stick together with and be a part of a great community with the opportunity to improve upon one of the greatest cars and hobbies in the world. Dont let tempers, egos and thick headedness get in the way.